Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Side-By-Side
Camera: iPhoneXS Photo Location: Driveway 
Posted By: Sailor, 06-02-2022, 04:32 PM

Early last week, we had our garage doors serviced after a torsion spring broke on the large door's mechanism. Consequently we pulled our cars out on the driveway, so after the repair guys left I decided to grab some snapshots while my cars were side-by-side. The shots were intended for my "electronic" scrap book, and I had no plans to post any of 'em here. I stuck 'em in a folder on my hard drive and put 'em on Flickr out of habit. None of the shots represent meaningful photography, but I genuinely like one of 'em and decided to go ahead and post it here. Why not?

Jer

Views: 382
06-02-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Impressive cars. Ready to go. Both are sleek machines. Nice shot.
06-02-2022, 05:33 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice!

Boxter still have plastic rear window?
06-03-2022, 06:19 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Impressive cars. Ready to go. Both are sleek machines. Nice shot.
Hey, Mike - thanks much.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by GeeEmm Quote
Nice!

Boxter still have plastic rear window?
Thank you!

To be honest, I don't remember the Boxster ever having a plastic rear window. My first Porsche, a second generation, 2008 Boxster had a glass rear window as did my 2013 third generation model. By the way, the car in the photo is a 2021 911 Carrera and it too is graced with a glass rear window.

Jer

06-03-2022, 06:12 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks Jer, my mistake I thought it was Boxter. Mate had a first gen, we took it for a fang on the local roads, it was impressive, and I gather the later ones are even more impressive, but the Carrera would be a step up again.

At the time my humble MX5 came with a glass window, and I thought that was probably the only disappointing feature, so I'm not surprised they made the change early. It is much easier to drop the top if you don't have to worry about scratching the plastic, and of course the plastic discolouring is a non-issue.

I hope you use them as intended, I look forward to seeing photos of road grime and numbers on the doors!!! Regardless enjoy them![COLOR="Silver"]

Last edited by GeeEmm; 06-03-2022 at 06:41 PM.
06-03-2022, 06:20 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice complimentary colours put together
06-04-2022, 09:46 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks Jer, my mistake I thought it was Boxter. Mate had a first gen, we took it for a fang on the local roads, it was impressive, and I gather the later ones are even more impressive, but the Carrera would be a step up again.

At the time my humble MX5 came with a glass window, and I thought that was probably the only disappointing feature, so I'm not surprised they made the change early. It is much easier to drop the top if you don't have to worry about scratching the plastic, and of course the plastic discolouring is a non-issue.

I hope you use them as intended, I look forward to seeing photos of road grime and numbers on the doors!!! Regardless enjoy them![COLOR="Silver"]
Hey, GeeEmm, I'm glad you owned an MX5 -they're terrific sports cars! I owned three of 'em over the years - a '95, a '99 and a 2004 Mazdaspeed version. Loved them all!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Nice complimentary colours put together
Thanks, my friend.

Jer

06-04-2022, 10:38 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Terrific image of the two stable mates, Jer! As EM said, they are nice, complementary colors.
06-04-2022, 06:38 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, GeeEmm, I'm glad you owned an MX5 -they're terrific sports cars! I owned three of 'em over the years - a '95, a '99 and a 2004 Mazdaspeed version. Loved them all!

Jer
Too right, me too! I've had three over the last 20-odd years, a 99 which was written off at Phillip Island, a replacement 99, which was sold to finance my 04 MSM (SE here) which they will prise from my cold dead hands ... Members other hobbies - Page 16 - PentaxForums.com
06-05-2022, 04:59 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Terrific image of the two stable mates, Jer! As EM said, they are nice, complementary colors.
Thanks much, Todd! They're good tonic for an old geezer like me!

Jer

Too right, me too! I've had three over the last 20-odd years, a 99 which was written off at Phillip Island, a replacement 99, which was sold to finance my 04 MSM (SE here) which they will prise from my cold dead hands ... Members other hobbies - Page 16 - PentaxForums.com
Your car looks terrific and brings back some very good memories - here's a shot of my Mazdaspeed taken way back in 2006! It appears we were both attracted to Velocity Red.

Jer