Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
PP Advice Please
Posted By: Slick, 12-17-2008, 06:12 AM

I'm working in Venezuela at the moment and have been getting a lot of sunset shots since my hotel is right on the beach. I've never really worked with these types of shots before so I'm having a hard time deciding how to PP them. They have a heavy golden tint to them which I like but I also like them when I change the white balance to auto. It takes out some of the gold and adds some blue.

8821 needs to be cropped I think but 8819 I'm not sure about. The only editing I've done so far is to straighten them as I have the wonderful crooked viewfinder glitch.

Opinions?

Views: 1,505
12-17-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They look good. You can always change the tone to suit your taste.
12-18-2008, 03:49 AM   #3
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
the first one, would have been great if the people would have been on left bottom side as aposed directly under the sun. The second one I'd crop very tightly again with sort of rule of thirds, with the boat on the left bottom and sun top right.
But thath's just my opinion...
BR
12-18-2008, 06:51 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the advice.

I tried to get one with the people offset to the side but there was something in the way that prevented me from getting it. And the crop is what I was thinking as well.

12-18-2008, 07:10 AM   #5
graphicgr8s

The second one you might try cropping to look like a panorama. Wide and short. Mostly sky, cut beneath the boat so there is less water
12-18-2008, 11:21 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
The second one you might try cropping to look like a panorama. Wide and short. Mostly sky, cut beneath the boat so there is less water
Thanks. Good idea, I hadn't thought of that.

Like this?

I also found this one with the boat closer to the sun. It's probably a better one to work on because of that.

Last edited by Slick; 12-18-2008 at 11:31 AM.