Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Leave the Driving to Us (bus)
Lens: 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 Camera: K-1 Mk I Photo Location: Mojave Desert ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: Above 6s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Ken Lee, 06-13-2022, 11:30 AM

An old forgotten bus, photographed at night in a creative manner.

Theme of contest: "Shoot the boring/mundane/everyday in a creative way"
Views: 292
06-13-2022, 12:16 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beautiful shot. I really enjoy your work. The night shots give such an eerie appearance to objects.
06-13-2022, 03:06 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I really like this image also, but I'm not riding on that ghost bus. Love that blue light illuminating the interior and gray metal exposed to the elements. Looks like it needs new wipers before the trip. Very nice.
06-13-2022, 09:36 PM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
Beautiful shot. I really enjoy your work. The night shots give such an eerie appearance to objects.
Thank you very much! And yes, night photos can look quite eerie...especially if they're lit like this, haha! Sometimes you can have them look warm and inviting, and other times, it can look super strange or eerie. And I do love the weirdness factor many times.

---------- Post added 06-13-22 at 09:38 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I really like this image also, but I'm not riding on that ghost bus. Love that blue light illuminating the interior and gray metal exposed to the elements. Looks like it needs new wipers before the trip. Very nice.
Although it has nothing to wipe!!!

There were a few abandoned buses in the area, and a lot of them had very rusty floorboards, some with large gaping holes. I didn't ride in any of these ghost buses. I stayed outside.

And as it was, I put a hole through my shoe by stepping on a wooden board with a protruding nail. It pierced my shoe but thankfully not my foot. I immediately put on my boots with steel-shank soles after that.

06-14-2022, 04:52 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ken Lee Quote
Thank you very much! And yes, night photos can look quite eerie...especially if they're lit like this, haha! Sometimes you can have them look warm and inviting, and other times, it can look super strange or eerie. And I do love the weirdness factor many times.

---------- Post added 06-13-22 at 09:38 PM ----------

Although it has nothing to wipe!!!

There were a few abandoned buses in the area, and a lot of them had very rusty floorboards, some with large gaping holes. I didn't ride in any of these ghost buses. I stayed outside.

And as it was, I put a hole through my shoe by stepping on a wooden board with a protruding nail. It pierced my shoe but thankfully not my foot. I immediately put on my boots with steel-shank soles after that.
I thought that glass looked exceptionally clean. I guess we all have to wear goggles on the trip.😊
06-15-2022, 11:28 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I thought that glass looked exceptionally clean. I guess we all have to wear goggles on the trip.��
Haha! Yes, to keep the bugs and wind away!

A lot of times, if there's a windshield that's really smudgy, I might go out of my way to accentuate the smudginess. Or if it's cracked, I love angling my light painting so that it picks up the cracks. But impossible here! No glass!

Last edited by Ken Lee; 06-15-2022 at 11:37 AM.