Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
A Clever Entry Under Morning Sun
Lens: Vario_Sonnar T* 28-100 Camera: Sony DSC-RX100 Photo Location: Neighbor's Garden-Sac. ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: angkymac, 06-13-2022, 03:56 PM

I'm not sure if this is really a "landscape" image, but for a cleverly arranged entryway landscape I think it will work.

I was just strolling along mid-morning and suddenly noticed how the light and dark accented the colors around this birdbath.
I thought the designer had a good eye for such things, and out of appreciation snapped this image.

My wife tells me that, although it is, "...a pretty image, but for posting it's not anything special."
Well, I guess she's right; but I just want to appreciate nice things that make a guy feel good when he sees them.
And I feel good about respecting the persons who put something pretty for neighbors to see when passing by.
Angky.
PS: Lost some resolution from this small sensor when cropping out the doorway (left side). I should have strolled along carrying the K1, eh!

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100  Photo 

Views: 191
06-13-2022, 06:35 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'd say it's not a landscape but it is a pretty garden scene. The variable lighting and colorful flowers and foliage make it quite attractive. You know, when posting on this forum, cropping an image has little effect on the quality of the image displayed, unless linking to Flickr, etc. Your own judgement is better than mine regarding what you see in an image.
06-13-2022, 07:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I'd say it's not a landscape but it is a pretty garden scene. The variable lighting and colorful flowers and foliage make it quite attractive. You know, when posting on this forum, cropping an image has little effect on the quality of the image displayed, unless linking to Flickr, etc. Your own judgement is better than mine regarding what you see in an image.
Thanks, Mike.
You are correct about the posted images on this site. This one, however, does look a little bit soft due to the enlargement that came from cropping almost a third off of the left side (I couldn't walk any closer to get the image correct in the camera.
Angky.
06-13-2022, 08:47 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This IS a nice little garden scene that has really good mixture of lighting and shadows. I do miss the gardens and landscaping in Sacramento, particularly in the older neighborhoods like the fab 40's. I am still trying to figure out what to plant here in Texas Hill Country that the deer won't eat. We have deer grazing through our neighborhood every night. I also have an Armadillo that digs under the fence into my backyard. Interesting critters around here...

06-13-2022, 09:04 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Centre Stage with 3 under the Spotlight.
06-13-2022, 11:07 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You are correct in your assessment, Angky. It is a very colorful, sharp and interesting garden scene. It reverts back to: "Less is More." Philosophy. Very nicely constructed image.

Tony
06-14-2022, 08:25 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This IS a nice little garden scene that has really good mixture of lighting and shadows. I do miss the gardens and landscaping in Sacramento, particularly in the older neighborhoods like the fab 40's. I am still trying to figure out what to plant here in Texas Hill Country that the deer won't eat. We have deer grazing through our neighborhood every night. I also have an Armadillo that digs under the fence into my backyard. Interesting critters around here...
Thanks for the nice note, Todd!
Maybe disregard the idea of a deer-free garden. That you have deer and armadillos is something that I surely cannot find here where I live!
Capitalize on the critters; plant stuff that they will eat and then capture night-time shots of them when they trigger a silent sensor. Or light them up with colored lights--colored or UV, or night-time infra-red, etc.
Could be fun!
Angky.

---------- Post added 06-14-22 at 08:26 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Centre Stage with 3 under the Spotlight.
Now that certainly is an interesting way of expressing it!
Thanks!
Angky.

---------- Post added 06-14-22 at 08:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
You are correct in your assessment, Angky. It is a very colorful, sharp and interesting garden scene. It reverts back to: "Less is More." Philosophy. Very nicely constructed image.

Tony
You are correct in the less-is-more assessment, now that I look at it again.
A very simple scene, these folks created, and very attractive.
I was happy to see it--and glad to get a shot of it.
Angky.

06-14-2022, 09:20 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Thanks for the nice note, Todd!
Maybe disregard the idea of a deer-free garden. That you have deer and armadillos is something that I surely cannot find here where I live!
Capitalize on the critters; plant stuff that they will eat and then capture night-time shots of them when they trigger a silent sensor. Or light them up with colored lights--colored or UV, or night-time infra-red, etc.
Could be fun!
Angky.

---------- Post added 06-14-22 at 08:26 PM ----------

Now that certainly is an interesting way of expressing it!
Thanks!
Angky.

---------- Post added 06-14-22 at 08:27 PM ----------

You are correct in the less-is-more assessment, now that I look at it again.
A very simple scene, these folks created, and very attractive.
I was happy to see it--and glad to get a shot of it.
Angky.

Well, so are we. TT