Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
One Red Poppy Remaining
Lens: Vario_Sonnar T* 28-100 Camera: Sony DSC-RX100 Photo Location: Neighbor's Garden-Sac. ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: angkymac, 06-13-2022, 04:26 PM

Could have called this an abstract, but it seemed just a bit more of nature.
And this is indeed the sort of thing I tend to see in nature, and I'm not sure why.
It is not something usually noticed, but my eye goes right to such cluttered places with the tiniest bit of variation in it.
Critiques and suggestions for what to improve are very welcome.
Angky.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100  Photo 

Views: 280
06-13-2022, 05:11 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Well done Angky! It is a very nice find as well as a very nice composition. Some would be tempted to get closer in to the poppy to fill more of the frame, but then it wouldn't convey the theme/purpose of the shot that you describe so well.
06-13-2022, 07:59 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Well done Angky! It is a very nice find as well as a very nice composition. Some would be tempted to get closer in to the poppy to fill more of the frame, but then it wouldn't convey the theme/purpose of the shot that you describe so well.
Thank you, Todd.
I appreciate the perspective you were able to verbalize.
You seem to see right into what I was seeing.
Glad to know the image showed that to you!
Angky.
06-13-2022, 08:13 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I agree with Todd's assessment. The image that you captured is in agreement with what you saw and your theme. Not being familiar with the area where you captured this image, I would not know if any other composition or view would have worked. Thanks for posting. As I have said before, you have knack for recognizing this type of scene.

06-13-2022, 08:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice juxtapositioning of the Red Poppy.
06-14-2022, 08:33 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I agree with Todd's assessment. The image that you captured is in agreement with what you saw and your theme. Not being familiar with the area where you captured this image, I would not know if any other composition or view would have worked. Thanks for posting. As I have said before, you have knack for recognizing this type of scene.
Thank you, Mike.
It's interesting to me that I see such scenes and take shots of them.
There were a lot of individual poppies standing up high and isolated and they were quite beautiful.
I shot some of those and this one, but this is the one I preferred--not quite sure why...
Thanks again!
Angky.

---------- Post added 06-14-22 at 08:34 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Nice juxtapositioning of the Red Poppy.
Thanks, em.
"Juxtapositioning" really describes it well, doesn't it?
Angky.