Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
The Answer My Friend . . . . . . .
Lens: DA*300 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Brazoria National Wild Life Refuge ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/750s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: Sailor, 06-20-2022, 03:30 PM

. . . . . is blowin' in the wind. A blustery day in coastal Texas.

Jer

Views: 284
06-20-2022, 05:18 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nicely done! I really like the shallow depth of field with very nice bokeh in the background. Everything around here is bent over as well thanks to the never-ending wind. However, it is all brown this year thanks to no rain.
06-20-2022, 07:51 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The wind effects are obvious and well presented in this image. The foliage does look stressed. Nice shot. It took some shutter speed to get good image focus on that Cat Tail.
06-20-2022, 08:58 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

WOW Cuban Cigars on a stick, do they grow wild there?

06-21-2022, 06:41 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Nicely done! I really like the shallow depth of field with very nice bokeh in the background. Everything around here is bent over as well thanks to the never-ending wind. However, it is all brown this year thanks to no rain.
Hey Todd - thanks for the very kind words! It's dry here, too - but the wildlife refuge is marsh land close virtually on the coast, so it stays pretty wet.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
The wind effects are obvious and well presented in this image. The foliage does look stressed. Nice shot. It took some shutter speed to get good image focus on that Cat Tail.
Thank you, Mike.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
WOW Cuban Cigars on a stick, do they grow wild there?
Yeah, EM - too bad I haven't smoked in decades. Now I'm looking for the plant that produces cans of Budweiser.

Jer
06-21-2022, 06:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The wind has been nearly incessant up here too, though the cattails aren't as far along as yours.
A very appropriately made shot.
Angky
06-22-2022, 06:44 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks very much!

We've been experiencing unusually strong winds - not totally unwelcome in this sweat box. They can make bike riding tough, however.

Jer