Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Red-Spotted Admiral Butterfly
Lens: Sigma 170-500 DG Camera: Pentax K-5IIs Photo Location: Yard ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 06-26-2022, 12:19 PM

Got out this morning with my K-5IIs and the Sigma 170-500 DG to take some photos this morning. It may not focus as well as the KP, but it still produces good images.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 245
06-26-2022, 01:36 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mike - That is really gorgeous. There’s something about the older sensors that I don’t see in the newer Pentax cameras.
06-26-2022, 02:27 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kiddo70 Quote
Mike - That is really gorgeous. There’s something about the older sensors that I don’t see in the newer Pentax cameras.
Thanks very much. Lots of people make comments about the sensor in the K-5 series of DSLRs. I know very little about sensors. My son seems to think it's the sweet spot for aps-c cameras. If this camera had the focus system of newer cameras and performed a little better in low light, I would use it much more. I'd rather process the smaller files from this camera.
06-26-2022, 02:30 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A terrific shot Mike! The butterfly and leaf stand out so nicely against the beautiful blue background.

06-26-2022, 05:20 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
A terrific shot Mike! The butterfly and leaf stand out so nicely against the beautiful blue background.
Thanks much Todd. That blue sky showing through the trees did make a nice background for the butterfly and leaf. I tried to adjust my angle to get it there.
06-26-2022, 06:43 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Great shot with good BOKEH
06-26-2022, 07:12 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Great shot with good BOKEH
Thank you. Glad that you liked the shot. I took several others this morning that are good but this one stood out to me. Have a good week.

06-27-2022, 03:46 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The silhouette of the butterfly, imaginatively presented, and the clear presentation of its "throne" really does a good thing!
Great shot!
Angky.
06-27-2022, 05:40 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
The silhouette of the butterfly, imaginatively presented, and the clear presentation of its "throne" really does a good thing!
Great shot!
Angky.
Thanks Angky. I'm glad that you liked the presentation of this butterfly image. When I saw it on my computer screen, I knew that I wanted to post it.. Throne is a good description of its perch.