Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Interstate-10 WB under I-215 in Rancho Cucamonga, CALIFORNIA
Camera: Canon G3X Photo Location: California 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 06-29-2022, 09:33 AM

I found a wonderful though expensive campground near the "Rim of the World", atop US Route 118 North of San Bernardino, in the Inland Empire of Southern California. This particular day, I set out to go visit the Los Angeles City Center located about 30 miles West, along US Route 101. I reached the White Tower about 2 hours later but could not visit it because of a special event I was not aware of, the L.A. Mayor was presenting a new LAPD Chief of Police to the medias. Traffic is extremely dense and slow on these magnificent highways, even at 7h00 in the morning. No wonder we see "road rage" so often in these precincts.

Views: 147
06-29-2022, 05:19 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very amazing image, capturing the hustle and bustle of daily commuting. I like where you managed to snap the commercial trucks hauling their heavy loads. As usual Rich, very awesome work.

Very sharp, colorful and expertly exposed.

Tony
06-29-2022, 07:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Wow! You captured a rare moment of nice open freeways!
And I see only a couple of brake lights flashing!
Having been in that area so much, I would say you have a great shot of an unusual situation!
Angky.
06-30-2022, 03:58 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
THX !

This particular day, traffic was not so bad ... it took me only 2 hours to drive 30 miles !!! Only problem, I could not go inside the Tower to see the city center from high up, because of "Security". Society has changed a lot in the U.S., with all the problems the country has now (terrorism, politics, inflation, the war in Ukraine, etc). So sad !

Regards