Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Fireworks Show
Lens: Tamron SP AF 28-75mm F2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical [IF] Macro Camera: K-1 
Posted By: ccbl, 07-05-2022, 10:28 PM

Our town puts on a fireworks show for 4th of July so I took some photos. First time doing fireworks photos with a 'real' camera! I read up on suggested settings beforehand and then kind of winged it. Set the ISO to 100, started at f11, then I used bulb mode and adjusted the aperture to whatever seemed right at the moment.

The fireworks were at the fairgrounds and the whole city was packed around it (people were parking and setting out chairs literally anywhere there was a patch of pavement or grass) but we managed to snag a parking spot at an adjacent Taco Bell.

I had a little tiny tripod and set it on the bed cover of my truck but it wasn't super stable; the bed cover is fabric, so a lot of the light streaks have little wobbles in them. There was an obnoxiously bright light coming from the Taco Bell directly to my left that neither I nor my lens hood was prepared for, lol, and so there's a big nasty lens flare in some shots.

The moon was competing for top billing in this show as well -

I tried some intentional movement that turned out some cool abstract light shots -

And some of the fireworks were remarkably abstract on their own -

This one just happened to be VERY pink, I love it -

The finale -

And the aftermath -

There are more photos in the album here - ccbl's Album: Fireworks - PentaxForums.com

I did my best with post-processing; I'm not entirely sure what to aim for when processing fireworks? I like how they turned out, at any rate, so I want to show them off

Last edited by ccbl; 07-06-2022 at 06:07 AM.
Views: 265
07-06-2022, 06:01 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Good fireworks shots and processing. I'm glad that you and others on the forum know how to capture these events. Thanks much for posting and sharing.
07-06-2022, 06:25 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Good fireworks shots and processing. I'm glad that you and others on the forum know how to capture these events. Thanks much for posting and sharing.
I agree- nice work.
07-06-2022, 08:05 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Nice Series.