Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
11 Likes  #1
Catch me if you can
Lens: DFA 150-450 mm Camera: K3 III Photo Location: LA ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/2500s Aperture: F5 
Posted By: nixxo2002, 07-06-2022, 01:41 PM

I was at my son soccer practice . after a few minutes i notice there is some actions behind the tree , and some bird noises was coming from there too . as soon i took my camera from backpack and look up around me ( noises were much closer )
i was SHOCKED . small bird was chasing the hawk all around the field and parking lot .... Hawk still has his prey . i have a fraction of time to capture this moment (was still in my car ). in a minute they flew to the other side of field . where i don't have access . as you can see a few of them out of focus . usually those picture will be deleted . but i decide it to share my experience .

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF

Views: 851
07-06-2022, 02:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sometimes you go looking for shots and sometimes they come to you. I have seen this chase many times when a Mockingbird is chasing a Red Tailed Hawk away from its territory. I've never been lucky enough or close enough to get such good photos of the chase. Well done and thanks for sharing.
07-06-2022, 03:26 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My Word! What an excellent BIF Wildlife series. Most impressive and many thnx for the treat.

Tony
07-07-2022, 07:43 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nixxo2002 Quote
I was at my son soccer practice . after a few minutes i notice there is some actions behind the tree , and some bird noises was coming from there too . as soon i took my camera from backpack and look up around me ( noises were much closer )
i was SHOCKED . small bird was chasing the hawk all around the field and parking lot .... Hawk still has his prey . i have a fraction of time to capture this moment (was still in my car ). in a minute they flew to the other side of field . where i don't have access . as you can see a few of them out of focus . usually those picture will be deleted . but i decide it to share my experience .
Well done and keep posting your great photo's

07-07-2022, 11:31 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nixxo2002 Quote
as you can see a few of them out of focus . usually those picture will be deleted . but i decide it to share my experience .
A great set! Sharing the out of focus ones helps tell the story. Thanks for doing so.

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I have seen this chase many times when a Mockingbird is chasing a Red Tailed Hawk away from its territory. I've never been lucky enough or close enough to get such good photos of the chase.
Same here. When I'm out shooting birds, it never seems to happen.
07-07-2022, 12:44 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Sometimes you go looking for shots and sometimes they come to you. I have seen this chase many times when a Mockingbird is chasing a Red Tailed Hawk away from its territory. I've never been lucky enough or close enough to get such good photos of the chase. Well done and thanks for sharing.
you are right . Mockingbird defend territory , and attack anyone who approach very close. i saw a couple times when Mockingbird attack cats . but never witness them chasing the hawk .
thanks for a comment .
07-07-2022, 05:38 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Interesting for sure!
Just going to a soccer game, and then to get pictures like these!
Angky.

07-07-2022, 08:44 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rhanz Quote
Well done and keep posting your great photo's
thanks
07-07-2022, 08:44 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
My Word! What an excellent BIF Wildlife series. Most impressive and many thnx for the treat.

Tony
my pleasure
07-08-2022, 08:44 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Being aware of the circumstances certainly pays . TFS
07-09-2022, 03:04 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great shots! This Redtail was hatched last year - note the barred juvenile tail feather still not molted out. Not sure what bird prey the hawk has in its talons but it does not look to be a mocker. - Jack
07-10-2022, 12:20 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Great shots! This Redtail was hatched last year - note the barred juvenile tail feather still not molted out. Not sure what bird prey the hawk has in its talons but it does not look to be a mocker. - Jack
i think it's a Mockingbird . i have the other picture . maybe it help .
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
07-10-2022, 04:04 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

awesome pictures!
07-10-2022, 01:52 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter