Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Dream-like video with Pentax K-1 and Lensbaby
Posted By: Ken Lee, 07-07-2022, 06:29 PM

This may be of some interest to some of you, and hopefully this is the right place to put it. I created some of this surreal dream-like video with my trusty Pentax K-1 Mk I and a Lensbaby Edge Optic 35. During the video, I continually manipulated the lens to produce those dreamy effects. Now, there's a lot of other lighting effects going on, but I think you will be able to easily figure out the video and mentally separate it from those.

The video snippets I did with the Pentax are easy to spot. They are the desert scenes. You will see a priest holding a cross, a church, and a fountain in Borrego Springs in California. The priest is a sculpture made by Ricardo Breceda.

I record music as Eleven Shadows, and just began recording music under that name again (I usually record music as The Mercury Seven) with Chris Echols. For Eleven Shadows, I did all the playing of keyboards and mixing. You can listen to the whole album on Bandcamp.

I hope you like it! As always, if you have any questions about the Pentax video or the rest of it, ask away. If enough people are interested, I can always turn the question into a short Photofocus article. Y'know, any excuse to write another article about Pentax, haha!! Thanks!
Views: 192
07-07-2022, 07:17 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I half way expected to hear Rod Serling welcome me to "The Twilight Zone". Of course this was a much more psychedelic zone in living color. I really enjoyed the imagery and music in this. Looking for the lens effects drew me in to taking in the entire video. Almost imagined it as a psychedelic trip. Very good work. I really enjoyed it.
07-07-2022, 10:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I half way expected to hear Rod Serling welcome me to "The Twilight Zone". Of course this was a much more psychedelic zone in living color. I really enjoyed the imagery and music in this. Looking for the lens effects drew me in to taking in the entire video. Almost imagined it as a psychedelic trip. Very good work. I really enjoyed it.
Thanks. It is definitely trippy, but I wanted it to be alluring, a sort of feast for the eyes and ears. It does seem psychedelic, and a lot of my stuff is described like that. Sorta funny since I'm mostly a casual beer drinker and don't take hallucinogens.
07-08-2022, 06:31 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ken Lee Quote
Thanks. It is definitely trippy, but I wanted it to be alluring, a sort of feast for the eyes and ears. It does seem psychedelic, and a lot of my stuff is described like that. Sorta funny since I'm mostly a casual beer drinker and don't take hallucinogens.
I've never taken any hallucinogens either although I do have some rather weird dreams. I've always enjoyed this type of work. It's like a immersion of the senses.

07-13-2022, 01:05 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I've never taken any hallucinogens either although I do have some rather weird dreams. I've always enjoyed this type of work. It's like a immersion of the senses.
Someone described it as "environmental music" in that it was creating an environment for you to experience.