Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Wildlife at Blue Ridge Reservoir
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Blue Ridge, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 07-10-2022, 07:11 AM

There was an elk that made its way down to the water on a really steep bank. It was very interested in us, but I don't think it could quite figure out what we were in our kayaks. It hung around for quite a while. I spotted the otter swimming along a rock face and was a little surprised. I've never seen an otter in the wild in Arizona. I think we were far back enough that not many people are around. We were about 5 mile from the boat launch at the time. The fox was a visitor at our campsite. It isn't the greatest shot as all I had outside at the time was the camera with the 100mm macro lens on it, but it shows what we saw. Again, something I've never seen in Arizona.

Views: 346
07-10-2022, 10:07 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Your encounters with the wildlife were interesting. An elk coming down to investigate intruders, an otter swimming in the wild and and a red fox at your camp site. Actually, a good outing. Thanks for sharing these nice images of your wildlife encounters.
07-10-2022, 11:55 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Your encounters with the wildlife were interesting. An elk coming down to investigate intruders, an otter swimming in the wild and and a red fox at your camp site. Actually, a good outing. Thanks for sharing these nice images of your wildlife encounters.
The otters and red fox were a shock. I've never seen either one in all my time in Arizona. Thank you
07-10-2022, 07:22 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Some very fortunate encounters there. You took good advantage of the opportunities.
Angky.

07-11-2022, 04:54 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Some very fortunate encounters there. You took good advantage of the opportunities.Angky.
Thank you.