Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Not me
Lens: Sigma APO Macro 24 - 70mm lens Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Perth Western Australia 
Posted By: eaglem, 07-11-2022, 08:43 PM

but it is my car

Views: 336
07-12-2022, 07:57 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice shot of your car. Is that a member of you group?
07-12-2022, 07:38 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Nice shot of your car. Is that a member of you group?
Yes, he's a new member
07-12-2022, 07:40 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It SHINES!!!
Angky

07-12-2022, 11:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
It SHINES!!!
Angky
It does have several coats of Hard Wax on it
07-13-2022, 11:46 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Beautiful ride, EM!

Recently we have seen several of the new electric 'stangs right here in the neighborhood. The more I see them, the more attractive they look. Bit of a beast, I understand...do you have them yet in Oz?
07-13-2022, 03:41 PM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Beautiful ride, EM!

Recently we have seen several of the new electric 'stangs right here in the neighborhood. The more I see them, the more attractive they look. Bit of a beast, I understand...do you have them yet in Oz?
I think there is one in Perth but I prefer the roar of a V8 myself.

07-13-2022, 04:27 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
I think there is one in Perth but I prefer the roar of a V8 myself.
Indeed...but I understand that the new ones actually have exhaust noise available...recorded, for the driver's ears only. Strange, neh?
07-13-2022, 04:46 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Indeed...but I understand that the new ones actually have exhaust noise available...recorded, for the driver's ears only. Strange, neh?
Interesting but if you run out of power I find it hard to believe you can go to the nearest Service Station and get a Jerry Can full of Electricity to get you mobile again
07-14-2022, 06:08 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Interesting but if you run out of power I find it hard to believe you can go to the nearest Service Station and get a Jerry Can full of Electricity to get you mobile again
No, you have to go to a "public charging station" to "gas up". There are more and more of them around, we just discovered several at the local library and several more at a public park. And one chain of gas/convenience store has an entire section in their parking lot exclusively for charging Teslas. People are installing charging stations at home, too -- very long story short, our next-door neighbor's brother-in-law installed a charging station on the neighbor's house for his brand-new Tesla, I've seen several houses in the neighborhood with charging cables plugged into Teslas in the driveway. Still, if I had one (not happening, who can afford them?!), I'd want to know exactly where the charging stations are.
07-14-2022, 06:31 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Car looks great, EM - and your new member looks like a cool guy.

Jer
07-14-2022, 08:47 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
No, you have to go to a "public charging station" to "gas up". There are more and more of them around, we just discovered several at the local library and several more at a public park. And one chain of gas/convenience store has an entire section in their parking lot exclusively for charging Teslas. People are installing charging stations at home, too -- very long story short, our next-door neighbor's brother-in-law installed a charging station on the neighbor's house for his brand-new Tesla, I've seen several houses in the neighborhood with charging cables plugged into Teslas in the driveway. Still, if I had one (not happening, who can afford them?!), I'd want to know exactly where the charging stations are.
I know what you mean

---------- Post added 07-14-22 at 11:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Car looks great, EM - and your new member looks like a cool guy.

Jer
We had a few new members on the run and all were nice people