Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
B&W resulting from IR converted K-5
Lens: Sigma 8-16mm Camera: K-5 converted to 630Nm Photo Location: Hoornse Vaart, Alkmaar, NL 
Posted By: newmikey, 07-18-2022, 12:29 PM

This lens is the most challenging one I have. It was the reason I chose for a 630Nm conversion rather than a wide-spectrum one (because it cannot take IR filters) but it is a dog to focus correctly in infrared, it hotspots like crazy and it is generally a pain in the neck (whereas on my KP, it steals the show!). But now and then I get lucky. This afternoon I captured to IR shots of which I converted one to B&W and the other one got dealt with a hue transform in Darktable to turn yellow/white bright foliage back to green.

Views: 166
07-18-2022, 12:54 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Both of these images are excellent. The Black and White looks stark, almost barren, and has great cloud patterns in the sky. The color image is sharp and detailed. The windmills really stand out in it. The color image is also a beautiful landscape with a church steeple right in the center. Good work. Beyond my level of processing.
07-18-2022, 03:13 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Really interesting and attractive shots. I agree with MikeNArk, beyond my level of processing, but I really like the results.