Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Crop of the day : Highway 55 leading to Trois-Rivières and Laviolette Bridge
Lens: 645 FA* 300 mm f/4 ED Camera: Pentax K3 III Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/200s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 07-20-2022, 02:45 PM

Today, I set out for a "long trip" for the first time in 30 months and drove to Mauricie National Park, North of Trois-Rivières, QUEBEC. Nothing had changed much and I felt little inspired by the Park. The last year has been very hard on my health and "morale" is not up to snuff yet. But, coming back from the Park on Highway 55, I saw the 'H-55 to H-40' Interchange and Laviolette Bridge in the distance. I braked like mad, found a safe spot alongside the highway, put my Manfrotto tripod in station and mounted my K3 III body on my 645 FA* 300 mm f/4 telephoto lens. WOW, what a sight ! In the MENU section of the camera, I had to "enable aperture ring usage", manually focus the lens wide-open on the road signs, set the aperture to f/16 and I shot in Av mode using the "LANDSCAPE" color palette. Heat waves distort the atmoshere a little as it was 30 degrees C (86 F) and humidity was at 60 % but the image is "crazy-sharp".

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 

Views: 292
07-20-2022, 04:24 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Yes, you do have an image with a lot of contrasty lines for a good lens to work on.
Looks like the tools did their job. Detail way down through the image is great--can even see the "detail" of the heat waves!
(I have been vaguely toying with the idea of getting a 645Z body--used--to go with my 6x7 lenses. I'd like to have fun with that medium format size, but have only the film body to go with the lenses.
Well, but I'm probably just playing a game in my mind, though.)
Angky
07-20-2022, 04:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks !

Life is short, you know, get a 645Z and use it while you can.

Cheers
07-20-2022, 06:50 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Can't say much more than Angky has already said. Sharp and detailed image of of a complex scene. Great work to get it all aligned and in focus.

07-22-2022, 01:02 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
The "clutter" of posts, signs, lights, fences, etc, is incredible in this particular interchange. Two major Highways that meet plus the Laviolette Bridge in the distance permitting to cross the Saint Lawrence River and reach the south shore. This is a "nodal point" of the highway system of Quebec. Only a telephoto picture from far away can render the busyness (busy-ness) of the site.

Regards