Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Plumeria (or frangipani) flowers
Lens: DA 50mm f1.8 Camera: Pentax K-70 Photo Location: Sicily ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/2000s Aperture: F1.8 
Posted By: peptheyep, 07-21-2022, 08:20 AM

Hi everyone, these are the first pictures I upload on this forum. I am really happy to be part of it, and I wanted to show you some of the recent pictures I took with my K-70. I recently bought a DA 50mm 1.8 for upgrading from the previous 50mm manual lenses I used until now (Pentax M 1.7 and Auto Chinon 1.7) and the results I had totally fulfilled my expectations. Shooting wide open is not asking the best from this lens, but getting the right shots with it is a real pleasure. After purchasing it, I had to test the lens out and one of the first subjects I chose had to be the plants and the flowers I have here at my house. The one you see, in particular, is a small group of flowers from one of the plumeria plants I got. I love the simplicity of its flowers and the charming scent they have. Seeing them blooming and showing their beauty is something that, for me, will always be a sign of how beautiful Summer can be. The last photo depicts some plumeria flowers, too, but these have been shot at nighttime, for testing out how the lens worked in low light conditions. The picture is a bit soft, but I liked it nonetheless. I hope you can appreciate them, too.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Last edited by peptheyep; 07-21-2022 at 10:55 AM.
Views: 308
07-21-2022, 10:08 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Nice series of captures with very good colors. Thanks for sharing. You are off to a good start.
07-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks, your feedback is very much appreciated. I will surely try to contribute more to the forum in the future with more photos and gear reviews.
07-21-2022, 04:36 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Outstanding Floral Images. Very sharp, bright, colorful with excellent background support. Thanks very much for posting.

Tony

07-21-2022, 08:56 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I'm glad to see that lens doing such a good job for you!
Beautiful flowers, in their simplicity.
Angky.
07-24-2022, 04:07 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Outstanding Floral Images. Very sharp, bright, colorful with excellent background support. Thanks very much for posting.

Tony
Thank you very much, Tony

---------- Post added 07-24-22 at 04:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
I'm glad to see that lens doing such a good job for you!
Beautiful flowers, in their simplicity.
Angky.
Yeah, coming from analog era lenses (apart from the DA L18-55mm), the improvements in sharpness and general ease of use are great. The next step is maybe a Pentax DA 35mm, a 55-300mm or a good third party prime lens. Thanks for your feedback