Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Wild Grapevines In A Dark Wood
Lens: Vario_Sonnar T* 28-100 Camera: Sony DSC-RX100 Photo Location: Sacramento Valley ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/25s Aperture: F10 
Posted By: angkymac, 07-21-2022, 03:37 PM

At just the right time of summer, the wild grape vines have vibrant green leaves and vigorously grow high up into the tall cottonwood trees.
The woods are shady and cool and have mysterious nooks and crannies--very enticing to look for wood sprites and miniature fairies and wood elves.
Or perhaps foxes and raccoons and wild turkeys...
Also a good place to suddenly peer around a tree for a surprising shot of light and dark places in amongst the leaves.
Angky.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
DSC-RX100  Photo 

Views: 212
07-21-2022, 04:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Nice work there, Angky. I truly enjoy those woodsy, forest type captures. Many thnx for sharing.

Tony
07-21-2022, 04:38 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

These brighter leaves do stand out from from the darker greens creating a good contrast. This area has dense and healthy growth. That's a contrast to our trees dropping leaves daily. Nice scene.
07-21-2022, 05:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Nice work there, Angky. I truly enjoy those woodsy, forest type captures. Many thnx for sharing.

Tony
Thank you, Tony.
For me, something about the mysterious places in the woods that I remember exploring as a youngster--sort of refreshes me now as an old guy.
Angky.

---------- Post added 07-21-22 at 05:28 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
These brighter leaves do stand out from from the darker greens creating a good contrast. This area has dense and healthy growth. That's a contrast to our trees dropping leaves daily. Nice scene.
Thank you, Mike.
Your trees are already dropping leaves?
The California buckeyes are changing, as they always do midsummer, but nothing else is turning color yet.
Angky.

07-21-2022, 06:00 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Thank you, Tony.
For me, something about the mysterious places in the woods that I remember exploring as a youngster--sort of refreshes me now as an old guy.
Angky.

---------- Post added 07-21-22 at 05:28 PM ----------

Thank you, Mike.
Your trees are already dropping leaves?
The California buckeyes are changing, as they always do midsummer, but nothing else is turning color yet.
Angky.
Living on a ridge and going over a month without rain plus 100 degrees temps will burn them off. We don't retain much moisture on the ridge.
07-21-2022, 08:37 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Living on a ridge and going over a month without rain plus 100 degrees temps will burn them off. We don't retain much moisture on the ridge.
Well, explained that way, it does make good sense!
Sure hope the temps decrease soon, and some rain drops as well.
Angky.