Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
The Launch
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Dogtown Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 07-21-2022, 06:13 PM

Back up at one of my favorite haunts, Dogtown Lake. It is hot up here right now, at least compared to usual. Not Phoenix hot, but in the upper 80s to low 90s. Normally I don't go out on the lake in the afternoon as I prefer the morning light. This morning I was chased off the lake by a storm, so I was only out there about an hour and it was overcast. I got back from a hike and didn't want to sit and bake in camp so I figured even if I didn't see anything, at least I could cool off a little on the lake. This is one series of what I got. I have more, but these are probably my favorite shots of bald eagles I've ever gotten.

Views: 217
07-21-2022, 06:25 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those are truly great shots of the eagle launching out of that pine tree. Great focus, colors and details in all. A wonderful series of photos and virtually perfect timing catching the launch. If I caught a sequence that good, I would probably have them printed and framed. BTW, good idea going to the lake to cool off.
07-21-2022, 06:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Beautiful series.
07-21-2022, 07:22 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Those are truly great shots of the eagle launching out of that pine tree. Great focus, colors and details in all. A wonderful series of photos and virtually perfect timing catching the launch. If I caught a sequence that good, I would probably have them printed and framed. BTW, good idea going to the lake to cool off.
Thanks Mike. My nephew and I have a phrase, "wall worthy". I think at least one if not all of these will be finding a spot on the wall. It was definitely a good idea to go back out on the lake. When I get home, I'll be posting more. I've got what looks like a pretty good series of a blue heron fishing for and eating crawfish.

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiddo70 Quote
Beautiful series.

Thank you

07-21-2022, 09:04 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Really great shots of the active eagle's power.
Angky.
07-22-2022, 05:57 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Really great shots of the active eagle's power.Angky.
Thank you

Kind of got blanked today. It didn't seem like anything was out there. There were more people than normal on the lake and the other places I went to were kind of dead as well. But, if you don't get out there, you'll never get anything.