Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Bean is back...
Posted By: clarenceclose, 03-14-2007, 08:57 PM

Been some cats on the forum which gave me inspiration to try with my outdoor cats again. Not the greatest success but worked with it best I could.

If you recall Bean was the rescue kitten, mostly dead with a bad eye infection and an abscess on his chin. From the one where he is laying on the fence you can just make out the cataract damage to the edge of his right eye and the white goatee from the abscess scar. He is a very affectionate cat with a zest for life, always on the play with most anything.

First two are regular photos with some PP.

Had a couple of out of focus/motion blur shots that I liked so did some artwork with them. I really liked the one of Bean on the fence looking down and the other one was of Frank snaking through the grass. Liked the compo but it was so blurred I could do little with it until I got some inspiration. I call it "Black Panther in the grass".

C&C appreciated.

Last edited by clarenceclose; 01-13-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Views: 1,509
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I like your 3rd shot the best. It is a very cosy cat to touch from the pic

03-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
My favourites were the second and third shots. Bean appears to be "hanging out" but still alert. Bean's just cute in the other shot.

That first shot has got a distracting little blade of grass in front of the head, that I would try to clone out, if I knew how to. It was a great shot otherwise.
03-14-2007, 09:54 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Three and four are really nice Clarence! You certainly have a deft hand with PS. I can feel the menace flowing off the the fourth image.

NaCl(enjoyed them as usual, keep up the good work)H2O

03-14-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Friend for Bean

Here is a friend for Bean. Great photo, love the #3, reminds me of one of mine.

Love cats, we have 5 at home. Here one I took a quick photo of at my daughter's horseback riding lesson.

03-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Bean looks like a little female we rescued while on a camping trip and named her, huh, "moose!" Don't ask! The night she showed up at our site, we let he sleep with us in the tent. Got woke up by her as a coyote was messing around the tent - guess he smelled her. I'll see if I can dig up a few of her.

I LIKE FRANK!!! But then, I've got a thing for black cats!!
03-16-2007, 07:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

The second one makes me smile, my cat likes to "hang around" like that too. I'm usually not a big fan of post processing, but I really like the third and fourth pictures. Come to think of it I really like the majority of your artwork post processing adventures!

Thanks for sharing your cute kitties with us!

03-16-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thank you all for your comments and critiques.

In truth none of the cats around the house/barn are totally black. Most are marked like Bean. Frank is a long legged one that dropped in this winter (read someone dumped him) and though mostly black he has the white chest also. Very interesting cat with a cool personallity, not cool as in toward people, just cool in the way he handles himself.

Bean, of course, is probably the favorite barn cuddle cat so Jame's comment about him is entirely true. Though the shot was blurred I think the post processing did him justice and I will probably have that done in an 8X10 for my bride.