Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Visitor at my campsite
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Dogtown Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 08-03-2022, 05:49 PM

I escaped the heat again. I got up here late in the afternoon and it rained for a good hour. It looks like I'll be sharing my campsite or its campsite. The flower was down by the lake. With all the rain, there are blooms everywhere. I'm not sure if I like the flower shot or not.

Views: 373
08-03-2022, 07:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Your campsite friend looks very charming. This image has very good detail and colors and also nice bokeh. The flower has a soft focus smoothing its features. Like it or not, it has good colors and is pretty in a dreamy way. Nice start to your trip. Enjoy it. Mike
08-03-2022, 08:46 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That flower surely does make a pretty yellow splash against the greenery.
I'll bet it would be fun to work it a lot of different ways.
The little critter is a very nice shot. And the fact that you were able to get it with him holding still is great.
Really rich colors on him! And I think the foxtail grass in front lends a nice note of reality.
Angky.
08-03-2022, 09:25 PM   #4
Pentaxian

He's super cute!

08-04-2022, 12:40 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Both are very cool captures. Well done.

Tony
08-04-2022, 05:53 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice shots David. The little guy sure is cute, and you got him in a terrific pose with a nice background.
08-04-2022, 09:00 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Your campsite friend looks very charming. This image has very good detail and colors and also nice bokeh. The flower has a soft focus smoothing its features. Like it or not, it has good colors and is pretty in a dreamy way. Nice start to your trip. Enjoy it. Mike
Thank you. So far it's been very wet and the "road" to the wildlife sanctuary was scarily muddy this morning. I won't be going back there this trip, I really don't want to mud bog again. I'm afraid it might not be as productive, but we shall see.

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
That flower surely does make a pretty yellow splash against the greenery.I'll bet it would be fun to work it a lot of different ways.The little critter is a very nice shot. And the fact that you were able to get it with him holding still is great.Really rich colors on him! And I think the foxtail grass in front lends a nice note of reality.Angky.
Thank you. If it clears up today, I'm going to go and try some different settings on the flowers. The colors surprised me. Normally when it's overcast it seems to wash the colors out a little. It is really green up here right now due to monsoon rains.

QuoteOriginally posted by pentax360 Quote
He's super cute!
I'll tell him if he comes back

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Both are very cool captures. Well done.Tony
Thank you.

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Very nice shots David. The little guy sure is cute, and you got him in a terrific pose with a nice background.
Thank you.