Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
The Launch- Osprey Edition
Lens: Pentax D FA 150-450mm Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Dogtown Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 08-05-2022, 01:59 PM

The osprey were really active this morning.

Views: 153
08-05-2022, 02:02 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice series. I've shot a lot of ospreys but never from launch. Those are hellacious talons, aren't they?
08-05-2022, 02:26 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gatorguy Quote
Nice series. I've shot a lot of ospreys but never from launch. Those are hellacious talons, aren't they?
Thank you. Not always easy to catch. In this case, I was in my kayak and some people were walking under it making it unhappy. As soon as I saw them coming, I knew the birds would be taking off. I would not want to be on the receiving end of those talons. Might not kill you, but it's going to hurt for a long time.
08-05-2022, 03:13 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Excellent . There were no problems with focus in this launch series. Love them all. The second image really caught my attention because the Osprey has only the left wing extended. To me, the third image has great expression like, I better get flapping before I fall. Wonderful series.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 08-05-2022 at 03:20 PM.
08-05-2022, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Excellent . There were no problems with focus in this launch series. Love them all. The second image really caught my attention because the Osprey has only the left wing extended. To me, the third image has great expression like, I better get flapping before I fall. Wonderful series.
Thank you. I was lucky to be there when the people walked under it. Let me really get setup. One of these might make it up on the wall.
08-05-2022, 05:38 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
Thank you. I was lucky to be there when the people walked under it. Let me really get setup. One of these might make it up on the wall.
If you keep getting shots like these, you may need more wall space.😊