Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Out early, caught the swirly!
Lens: Irix 30 Camera: KP 
Posted By: newmikey, 08-06-2022, 04:39 AM

So, having been totally absorbed in IR photography for several weeks, I decided to go back to basics today. I did do something I normally wouldn't do in order to capture a bit of mystery and nature's delight: I mounted my Irix30mm on a DA1.4x converter and shot it nearly wide open, causing that glow around contrasty areas. I only found out I had managed to tease out some swirly bokeh when I opened the file in my raw converter. Except for some minor modifications in post, this is basically as I saw it in the viewfinder.

Views: 271
08-06-2022, 05:12 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I do see the swirls in this pretty, soft focused and dreamy shot. Nice colors and bokeh. I agree that this image is at the opposite end from your recent IR images. Nice shot. Thanks for posting.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, converter, photo