Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Surprise
Lens: Pentax 55-300 PLM Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Yard ISO: 250 Shutter Speed: 1/500s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 08-08-2022, 01:27 PM

Lilies! These surprise lilies have been popping at various places around the yard over the past few days. Two to view.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 260
08-08-2022, 03:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Both are good, but I really like that first one. Well lit, good detail and the dark background really sets it off.
08-08-2022, 04:05 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Amaryllis are blooming over here too. But they don't have the fully developed petals of your images. I think possibly due to water limiting here in California.
the top one, as has been said, has really great lighting.
Angky.
08-08-2022, 04:44 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by phx.david Quote
Both are good, but I really like that first one. Well lit, good detail and the dark background really sets it off.
Thank you for commenting. I tried to work the angles to get the light right on this one. The second image was in a more shaded area.

---------- Post added 08-08-22 at 04:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Amaryllis are blooming over here too. But they don't have the fully developed petals of your images. I think possibly due to water limiting here in California.
the top one, as has been said, has really great lighting.
Angky.
Thank you Angky. If water was the reason for the fully developed petals, I'm not why these are. The light on the booms with the darkened background does make the first image better. I've been busy with grandchildren the past month and shoot what comes up around the yard and post a few when I get time

08-08-2022, 06:57 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The lighting on this shot is excellent highlighting the perfect sections of the flower.
08-08-2022, 09:50 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Both are excellent Floral Images. I really appreciate the skillful use of natural, falling light which I believe only enhances Mother Nature's gifts. Thanks for sharing.

Tony
08-09-2022, 05:12 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Excellent images Mike, and a very nice surprise for you to have these beauties appear. You hit that first one out of the ballpark!

08-09-2022, 08:13 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
The lighting on this shot is excellent highlighting the perfect sections of the flower.
Thank you very much. The lighting was good and I tried to use it to my advantage.

---------- Post added 08-09-22 at 08:16 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Both are excellent Floral Images. I really appreciate the skillful use of natural, falling light which I believe only enhances Mother Nature's gifts. Thanks for sharing.

Tony
Thanks Tony. I appreciate your compliment. We can't manufacture the natural light.

---------- Post added 08-09-22 at 08:18 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Excellent images Mike, and a very nice surprise for you to have these beauties appear. You hit that first one out of the ballpark!
Thank you Todd. We have quite a a few clumps of these spread around the front yard. I did get the first image in great light and that paid off.