Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
An Orange Rose that.....
Lens: SMC Takumar F 70~210mm Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: Neighborhood ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/45s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: Tonytee, 08-08-2022, 11:48 PM

in real life, its actual color is Candy Apple Red. I just hate it when that happens.

Thanks very much for viewing.

Tony

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 337
08-09-2022, 05:02 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It is a beautiful rose either way. I am probably not the guy to judge colors (at least according to my wife ), but it doesn't have an orange look on my monitor.
08-09-2022, 08:11 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Tony, I don't see the orange in this one either. It is a pretty red color on a soft focused rose. Nice capture with the black background.
08-09-2022, 02:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
It is a beautiful rose either way. I am probably not the guy to judge colors (at least according to my wife ), but it doesn't have an orange look on my monitor.
Hello ToddK;

I appreciate your comment very much. However, I have posted this issue in the Troubleshooting Section here in PF., and everyone who has viewed this image there agrees

there is a problem to the extent that the image is not Candy Apple Red, but overtaken by the color Orange. Seems I have started a very interesting thread there with some

truly wonderful contributions and suggestions. Thanks again, Tony.

---------- Post added 08-09-22 at 02:29 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Tony, I don't see the orange in this one either. It is a pretty red color on a soft focused rose. Nice capture with the black background.
Unfortunately there appears to be a problem with different monitors. Please take a look into the Troubleshooting Section where I have started a Thread there addressing this

very issue. Many thanks for your comment.

Tony

08-09-2022, 06:57 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
How about if my monitor allows it to show as lipstick red?
Something like what I, as a young kid, used to think Marilyn Monroe wore on Life Magazine? (Or was it Look Magazine?)
Anyway, this seems like a very seductively colored rose to me.
Great image!
Angky.
08-09-2022, 09:51 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
How about if my monitor allows it to show as lipstick red?
Something like what I, as a young kid, used to think Marilyn Monroe wore on Life Magazine? (Or was it Look Magazine?)
Anyway, this seems like a very seductively colored rose to me.
Great image!
Angky.
I do not know about the magazine issues you referenced, but my all time favorite of her was the centerfold layout in the very first Playboy issue.

Thanks very much for the compliments.

Tony

---------- Post added 08-09-22 at 09:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Mike, that is surprising that you do not see the orange, but also see this image as being soft-focused. I thought it was pretty sharp myself.

thanks for your comment.

Tony