Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Light through
Lens: Sigma 180mm F3.5 Macro Camera: Pentax K1 Photo Location: Perth Western Australia 
Posted By: eaglem, 08-12-2022, 06:44 PM

the Drops


Views: 211
08-12-2022, 08:33 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Nov 2019
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,013
Hmmm....
Not using drops as a lens for a micro-image, but using them as a light focusing lens.
Interesting variation!
And yet, the image shows up inside the drop too.
Angky.
08-12-2022, 08:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,435
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Hmmm....
Not using drops as a lens for a micro-image, but using them as a light focusing lens.
Interesting variation!
And yet, the image shows up inside the drop too.
Angky.
It caught my eye and had to be shot.
08-13-2022, 12:30 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
K2 to K50's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ipswich QLD Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,434
Something quite different, and effective. Even a multi-point starburst. I like the light within the shadows of the bubbles.
Could you have zoomed in closer on the main bubbles, eaglem?

08-13-2022, 06:06 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Texas Hill Country
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,901
This one has very unique lighting with bright light seeming to pierce right through each droplet. Nice work EM!
08-13-2022, 07:34 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,435
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
Something quite different, and effective. Even a multi-point starburst. I like the light within the shadows of the bubbles.
Could you have zoomed in closer on the main bubbles, eaglem?
I'll look at doing a crop tomorrow and see if it pans out.

---------- Post added 08-13-22 at 10:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
This one has very unique lighting with bright light seeming to pierce right through each droplet. Nice work EM!
I agree and thanks
08-13-2022, 09:31 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 7,160
In addition to the effects of the water beads showing images within the image, the long dark shadows of the beaded water with focused light at the edge create contrast and designs which stand out notably. Excellent capture.

08-13-2022, 03:37 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,435
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
In addition to the effects of the water beads showing images within the image, the long dark shadows of the beaded water with focused light at the edge create contrast and designs which stand out notably. Excellent capture.
Thank you very much for your comment
08-13-2022, 04:52 PM - 1 Like   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,435
Original Poster
Cropped as requested

08-13-2022, 05:53 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 7,160
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Cropped as requested
It worked very well in this case. It really highlights the areas that caught my eye. Thanks for the followup post.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 08-13-2022 at 07:16 PM.
08-13-2022, 05:58 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,435
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
It worked very well in this case. It really highlights the areas that caught my eye. Thanks for the followup post.
No problems, glad to help out!
08-14-2022, 01:34 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
K2 to K50's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Ipswich QLD Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,434
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Cropped as requested
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
It worked very well in this case. It really highlights the areas that caught my eye. Thanks for the followup post.
I wondered about the effect of a closer crop for the same reason that Mike has said he likes the result. I think it does make the image a little more dramatic. Inevitably, of course, with a close-up/macro like this, it does make us more aware of the issue of depth of field, so now I am not so certain my idea was a good one.

Or maybe I am just too bloody picky??

Mike's reaction does re-inforce what I had in mind, though.........??

Perception is such a subjective thing, isn't it???
08-14-2022, 02:23 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
eaglem's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Perth Western Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 39,435
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
I wondered about the effect of a closer crop for the same reason that Mike has said he likes the result. I think it does make the image a little more dramatic. Inevitably, of course, with a close-up/macro like this, it does make us more aware of the issue of depth of field, so now I am not so certain my idea was a good one.

Or maybe I am just too bloody picky??

Mike's reaction does re-inforce what I had in mind, though.........??

Perception is such a subjective thing, isn't it???
Yep the more you crop the more detail of the image you lose
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bubbles, camera, light, photo
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Abstract "Through and Through" ginnyfoos Post Your Photos! 2 07-30-2018 08:30 AM
Abstract What light through yonder window breaks? mohb Post Your Photos! 4 07-27-2018 06:50 AM
Nature Let Your Light Shine Through. Tonytee Post Your Photos! 2 03-23-2018 08:44 PM
Total Light. Total Light. Total Light. bxf Pentax Full Frame 215 11-12-2014 08:53 AM
Nature Through-and-through. pavpen Photo Critique 2 05-02-2014 04:22 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top