Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Two 720Nm infrared captures
Lens: Tamron 10-24mm Camera: IR-Converted K-5 720Nm Photo Location: Boekelermeer, Alkmaar 
Posted By: newmikey, 08-13-2022, 08:19 AM

Today I wanted to capture something a bit different from the 630Nm nature/landscape stuff I've been doing so I hoped on my bicycle and took a ride through an industrial zone called the Boekelermeer. The weather is absolutely insane today with near-tropical temperatures.

The first shot is the iconic NXT gas station which primarily services buses and trucks. I've shot it many times, day or night, but an infrared capture had eluded me until now. These saucers are actually cloth over a metal framework which cover the entirety of the station - 2 refuelling "islands" with 2 pumps each, so pretty big.

Then on to the HVC waste disposal factory which serves the entire North-West of the Netherlands. It is a state of the art public waste services company which comprises four incineration lines that process about 660,000 metric tons of domestic and industrial waste from more than one million residents, mainly in northern Netherlands.

From this waste stream, the plant’s two steam turbines (50 MW per machine) produce electrical energy for more than 100,000 people and hot water for a district heating network in an industrial park and residential districts in the neighborhood.

Views: 250
08-13-2022, 09:56 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Intriguing shots. That first image displays beautiful artistic overlapping canopies over the service areas. Who would expect to see that at a service station. The second image is industrial and is augmented by the contrasting grasses in the foreground. The fact that it is a waste disposal that produce energy is a big plus. I like both images, but the idea of the first one captures my imagination.