Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Great Blue Heron
Lens: Nikon 75-150mm Camera: Pentax Q-S1 ISO: 800 Shutter Speed: 1/1500s Aperture: F8 
Posted By: reh321, 08-16-2022, 05:35 PM

My wife and I went for a walk in a State Park this afternoon.
Near the end of our walk we saw this Great Blue Heron way out in a lake.
I have been taking my Q-S1 with me on these walks, and this seemed like an opportunity to try my new adapter and Nikon lens.
I had a terrible time focusing with this combination, but this one seems OK - everything other than the poor guy's stance.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX Q-S1  Photo 

Views: 351
08-16-2022, 07:31 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That Heron does look a bit off balanced and that water looks thickly covered with algae. Colors of the Heron look appropriate and the Q got the shot. Interesting position of the big bird.
08-17-2022, 05:29 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
That Heron does look a bit off balanced and that water looks thickly covered with algae. Colors of the Heron look appropriate and the Q got the shot. Interesting position of the big bird.
Thank you for your comment.

I live in an agricultural area, so having water “fertilized”’ here is a constant problem; the water fowl seldom have a choice.
When thinking about it last light, I realized the shutter speed was so high and my view was so limited, that this awkward view may have been a result of my catching him in the middle of moving.