Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Dry Bones
Camera: iPhone XS Photo Location: Clute, TX 
Posted By: Sailor, 08-17-2022, 07:27 AM

I'm in the midst of my annual late-summer photographic hiatus; the grim, unrelenting heat seems to feed the loss of imagination (such as it is) and inspiration that I suffer this time of year. Nevertheless, I did snap a couple of pics of a fossilized allosaurus and some kind of prehistoric bird when we visited a local museum with my Connecticut-based daughter, son-in-law and two marvelous grand children. I've doubtless photographed these things before, but I liked 'em both and thought they'd work in B&W.

Jer

Views: 302
08-17-2022, 07:39 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A quick Rum & Coke will re-hydrate them
08-17-2022, 08:14 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They do work well in black and white. You are making the best of this time by visiting your grandchildren and family. The weather will cool and you will be reinvigorated to get out and get some shots. Enjoy.
08-17-2022, 08:58 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'm in the midst of my annual late-summer photographic hiatus; the grim, unrelenting heat seems to feed the loss of imagination (such as it is) and inspiration that I suffer this time of year. Nevertheless, I did snap a couple of pics of a fossilized allosaurus and some kind of prehistoric bird when we visited a local museum with my Connecticut-based daughter, son-in-law and two marvelous grand children. I've doubtless photographed these things before, but I liked 'em both and thought they'd work in B&W.

Jer

Nice pictures,connecticut is a great state and it can get hot there too as I lived there for a long time before moving to florida.Keep posting your pictures.

08-17-2022, 01:47 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
I'm in the midst of my annual late-summer photographic hiatus;
Me too! Other than my backyard in the early mornings, it is just too hot to enjoy photography outdoors right now. I like these shots in black & white. Seeing the flying one hanging from an acoustical ceiling made me think that it would make for an interesting art piece in an office lobby.
08-19-2022, 07:43 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A quick Rum & Coke will re-hydrate them
By golly, EM - I can't think of a better remedy to give 'em a new lease on life!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
They do work well in black and white. You are making the best of this time by visiting your grandchildren and family. The weather will cool and you will be reinvigorated to get out and get some shots. Enjoy.
Thanks, Mike. Actually, they visited us, so we didn't escape the heat but dealt with it by a day at the beach and setting up a small "swimming" pool in the back yard for the little ones to splash in. The museum is about a 10 minute drive from our house, and just about the right size to fascinate a 4-year-old while, allowing her to see about everything while remaining within her attention span.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by rhanz Quote
Nice pictures,connecticut is a great state and it can get hot there too as I lived there for a long time before moving to florida.Keep posting your pictures.
Thanks much. My wife and I lived in Boston for three years back in the '70s, so I know New England can indeed experience some real sizzlers.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Me too! Other than my backyard in the early mornings, it is just too hot to enjoy photography outdoors right now. I like these shots in black & white. Seeing the flying one hanging from an acoustical ceiling made me think that it would make for an interesting art piece in an office lobby.
I think it might be a great conversation piece in an office building, but perhaps not a medical center.

Jer