Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
k1000
Lens: Pentax D FA 28 - 105 Camera: K1 ii Photo Location: cairns ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 3s Aperture: F22 
Posted By: MotoRider, 08-20-2022, 10:35 PM

Hey all,

I'm after a bit of CC on this image. taken with the K1 and I am learning to use light in still photos. I have used a number of images with different light in each to create this picture.

I know I should have removed the UV filter on the camera beforehand but I'm not worried about that, it lives there after all, it's just what you see in the image that may not seem right or what you like that I am interested in.

Views: 322
08-21-2022, 03:39 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Nicely arranged "still life". I take it is meant as an aesthetic photo rather than a sales or record shot. I was surprised though to see it is a 3 second exposure - was there a particular reason for that? Yes, you should have left the filter off, for one thing it partly obscures the legend around the lens front. I get it that the F22 is for depth of field? I take quite a few technical close-up photos myself and getting enough depth of field is always a problem.
08-21-2022, 12:03 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
it was all for practicing a process, and it was the middle of the day in an open room with light coming from a window to the back right of the image. there are 6 photo's here. I intentionally underexposed the base image and added some light in different areas with the rest of the image underexposed. the light I added was for specific areas e.g the lens rim is added from one image, painted in with photoshop. 3 seconds allowed me to move the light I guess. it's zoomed at 80mm and at 60cm away from the subject I had a 7 cm depth of field roughly @ f22, and that gave me time too i guess. there is definitely room for adjustment.

I'll have a go at different products and see if i can manage the process and maybe shoot in a better area at a different time of day.

but overall the original normal exposed shot looks nothing like this one, so i am happy it kind of worked.

Last edited by MotoRider; 08-21-2022 at 09:31 PM.