Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
One very lovely Balloon Flower.
Lens: Canon EF-S 55~250mm, IS, STM Lens Camera: Pentax K-7 Photo Location: My Front Yard ISO: 100 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F6.3 
Posted By: Tonytee, 08-22-2022, 07:48 PM

Manual Exposure Mode with Multi-Segment Metering. Wrong lens info. It should read used a: Sears (Samyang) 135mm 2.8 Macro Zone lens. Thnx. TT

Thanks very much for viewing. Method to my madness? In harsh sunlight I removed the lens hood and mounted a Kenko CPL Digital Filter. That's what it says on the filter.

Had some fun experimenting.

Tony

Last edited by Tonytee; 08-22-2022 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Added in correct lens information. :)
Views: 291
08-22-2022, 08:18 PM   #2

Beautiful shot Tony.
08-22-2022, 09:12 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pearl.ish Quote
Beautiful shot Tony.
Thanks a million.

Tony
08-22-2022, 10:27 PM   #4

QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Thanks a million.

Tony
I used to have that lens on my Canon 70D (before I discovered the mysterious world of Pentax). Oops. Never mind that. I WISH i had that lens.

08-22-2022, 11:02 PM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pearl.ish Quote
I used to have that lens on my Canon 70D (before I discovered the mysterious world of Pentax). Oops. Never mind that. I WISH i had that lens.
Thank you very much. I do like this 135mm lens a lot. I am planning on doing more portraiture work and I am informed that this lens is ideal for that type of endeavor.

Cheers,

Tony
08-23-2022, 04:58 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a beautiful pink flower with such perfect form. I really like the exposure of the flower, and particularly the dark greens of the foliage behind it. That is an interesting idea to add a CPL for a flower shot. I will have to give it a try.
08-23-2022, 09:34 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looking at this one makes me wish that ours were still blooming. Great composition, Tony. You have this pretty pink flower surrounded by deep green foliage. Nice work.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 08-23-2022 at 09:51 AM.
08-23-2022, 02:07 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
What a beautiful pink flower with such perfect form. I really like the exposure of the flower, and particularly the dark greens of the foliage behind it. That is an interesting idea to add a CPL for a flower shot. I will have to give it a try.
Greetings ToddK;, Very many thanks for your glowing review and outstanding observations.

Tony

---------- Post added 08-23-22 at 02:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Looking at this one makes me wish that ours were still blooming. Great composition, Tony. You have this pretty pink flower surrounded by deep green foliage. Nice work.
Many thanks to you there, Mike. Always fun to try something far from the beaten path. Helps to keep the creative juices flowing. Again, thanks a bunch.

Tony
08-23-2022, 07:24 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great treatment of a flower in hot sunlight.
When I used to do film--years ago--I used a polarizing filter on just about every shot in direct sun (except on people).
Now that we have such extensive control in post processing digital images, I can almost replicate the polarizer--until I see the results of a CPL filter!
I might start using mine a bit more.
Angky.