Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Star Wars B Wing Starfighter scale model
Lens: M50 f4 Macro Camera: K200D Photo Location: Arecibo, Puerto Rico ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/60s Aperture: F16 
Posted By: ismaelg, 08-25-2022, 04:33 PM

Hello,

As some of you already know, I build scale models.
I am a big Star Wars fan ever since I saw the first movie in 1978 as a kid. It is funny as I don't like sci-fi much. I don't even like movies. Haven't been to a movie theater in years, since the last Star Wars Episode.
As an engineer, 2 of the things I like the most are vehicles and droids. However, for some reason I haven't build that many Star Wars models. Only 2 in all these years. A recent trip to the Star Wars Disney park rekindled my life long interest.

Here is the end result of a recent adventure: Bear with me for more details below.

B-Wing Starfighter This "Blockade Buster" packs a heavy punch with 3 cannons, a Heavy cannon, Precision Targeting Lasers, 4 blasters and torpedo launchers. The cockpit rotates gyroscopically to keep the orientation regardless of angle of attack.

Took it out for a spin in my very own galaxy

Pew! Pew! Pew! P-P-P-P-Pew! KABOOM! Sorry, couldn't resist.
and the spolier pictures.

Hand painting this guy was a lot of fun...

So, where did it come from? I found this old broken model toy on eBay for $5. Had to rescue it!

In this progress thread you will find all the details including dozens of fabricated parts and all the work done.
https://race-car-models.proboards.com/thread/2947/finished-star-wars-wing-starfighter

"May the FORCE be with you!"

Thanks,
Ismael
Views: 299
08-25-2022, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very good imagery of such fantasy items. And well built modeling.
Model building can be a really fun thing, even though it usually grabs hold of one's attention for only a brief duration--at least in my case.
Looks like you had a lot of fun.
Angky.
08-25-2022, 09:45 PM - 1 Like   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My son does this type of detailed modeling based on the Star Trek series instead of Star Wars. Your work and images are very good and interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by MikeNArk; 08-25-2022 at 09:51 PM.
08-25-2022, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ismaelg Quote
Hello,

As some of you already know, I build scale models.
I am a big Star Wars fan ever since I saw the first movie in 1978 as a kid. It is funny as I don't like sci-fi much. I don't even like movies. Haven't been to a movie theater in years, since the last Star Wars Episode.
As an engineer, 2 of the things I like the most are vehicles and droids. However, for some reason I haven't build that many Star Wars models. Only 2 in all these years. A recent trip to the Star Wars Disney park rekindled my life long interest.

Here is the end result of a recent adventure: Bear with me for more details below.

B-Wing Starfighter This "Blockade Buster" packs a heavy punch with 3 cannons, a Heavy cannon, Precision Targeting Lasers, 4 blasters and torpedo launchers. The cockpit rotates gyroscopically to keep the orientation regardless of angle of attack.

Took it out for a spin in my very own galaxy

Pew! Pew! Pew! P-P-P-P-Pew! KABOOM! Sorry, couldn't resist.
and the spolier pictures.

Hand painting this guy was a lot of fun...

So, where did it come from? I found this old broken model toy on eBay for $5. Had to rescue it!

In this progress thread you will find all the details including dozens of fabricated parts and all the work done.
https://race-car-models.proboards.com/thread/2947/finished-star-wars-wing-starfighter

"May the FORCE be with you!"

Thanks,
Ismael
You are FANTASTIC.
simply AMAZING what you can do.

Wait to see you do up perhaps Darth's TIE, or Slave-1.

08-26-2022, 12:43 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
an interesting and well captured series of shots.
08-28-2022, 06:41 PM - 1 Like   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Excellent finish. As someone who followed the build, you never cease to amaze me.