Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Deer at Dogtown Lake
Camera: K-3 III Photo Location: Dogtown Lake, AZ 
Posted By: phx.david, 08-26-2022, 01:51 PM

I think the biggest surprise after seeing them was I was able to take #1 at 1/500 with the 150-450. Normally, I wouldn't even attempt to shoot with it handheld below 1/1000 with a preference for 1/1600 or higher. The second one was also a slower shutter speed, but with the 60-250. I haven't seen deer at the lake all summer, so this was a nice surprise this morning. The group was not bothered by me in my kayak and I was able to follow them as the walked along the shore for about 1/4 mile before they wandered off into the woods.

Views: 298
08-26-2022, 03:12 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Capturing these deer shots sounds like a treat for you and us, since we get to view them. The images in bright sunlight are the most colorful, but there is something about that second shot that I really like. Glad you got them and thanks for sharing the experience.
08-26-2022, 03:22 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Capturing these deer shots sounds like a treat for you and us, since we get to view them. The images in bright sunlight are the most colorful, but there is something about that second shot that I really like. Glad you got them and thanks for sharing the experience.
Thank you. The second is my favorite. Something about the pose of the deer and the muted colors. I guess it really doesn't look like it should be from around Arizona. With all the rainfall up here, the colors are really different than I've seen on any other trip.
08-26-2022, 06:59 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
THat #2 shot is definitely a keeper!
Lighting, intensity of the deer, background, color, all of it.
Angky.

08-27-2022, 02:44 PM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In #2 and #3, the deer seems to be focusing on something not human, not the photographer.

My experience with them look more like #1 and #4.
08-28-2022, 04:39 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
THat #2 shot is definitely a keeper!Lighting, intensity of the deer, background, color, all of it.Angky.
Thank you. I figured it would be the ones in the bright sunlight, but I like 2 the most.

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
In #2 and #3, the deer seems to be focusing on something not human, not the photographer.My experience with them look more like #1 and #4.
Occasionally they would look at me, but were far more interested in eating.