Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
Not bad for a 22 element superzoom ...
Camera: Canon G3X Photo Location: Quebec, CANADA ISO: 200 Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 09-04-2022, 05:23 PM

My first trip out of the house since catching COVID. I felt sick like a dog for almost two weeks, having difficulty breathing despite having been vaccinated 4 times. I'm starting to get my head out of the water. Three months in the Hospital last year, COVID this year, when is it going to end !! I shot the wetlands on the shore of the Saint Lawrence at low tide with my Canon G3X superzoom. The lens handled flare like a champion.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
Canon PowerShot G3 X  Photo 

Views: 262
09-04-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hang in there, Richard. There are still lots of pretty scenes for you to shoot.
09-04-2022, 09:42 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
My first trip out of the house since catching COVID. I felt sick like a dog for almost two weeks, having difficulty breathing despite having been vaccinated 4 times. I'm starting to get my head out of the water. Three months in the Hospital last year, COVID this year, when is it going to end !! I shot the wetlands on the shore of the Saint Lawrence at low tide with my Canon G3X superzoom. The lens handled flare like a champion.
Nice image, Richard.

Sorry to hear about your Covid infection, but glad to hear you are now starting to recover. I also have had 4 covid vaccinations, but am still paranoid about the disease, being 78 years old and right in the middle of the most vulnerable 70-90 yr age group.
We are living in a very dangerous time, with pandemics, extreme-level floods, droughts, heat waves, fires, food crops being destroyed by flood and fire and drought.
Let's hope the next generation does better.
09-05-2022, 02:34 PM   #4
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
I felt sick like a dog for almost two weeks, having difficulty breathing despite having been vaccinated 4 times.
QuoteOriginally posted by K2 to K50 Quote
I also have had 4 covid vaccinations, but am still paranoid about the disease
First, yes, that Canon did handle the flare well.

Second - in reply to you both - my wife and I have had our four vaccines. We are going on a short overseas trip in about 2 weeks and were seeing the doctor for our cholera shots. We mentioned Covid and he said he had had the four vaccines too and he still got it and was (note, Richard) as sick as a dog. When we said we had been lucky he said, no, you have probably had it and you just don't know. You can't pick who it will really hit. But because my wife has a suppressed auto-immune system he prescribed the Covid anti-viral to be carried just in case.

09-05-2022, 03:09 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That is a good shot of the wetlands and sun.
And, yes, the flare is well controlled.
Sounds like you are surviving some serious stuff.
Something to be happy about!
Angky.
09-05-2022, 03:57 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you all for your empathy and kind words of encouragement !!

I am just starting feeling a little better after 17 days of "hell". They say getting the virus is the same as having another vaccine shot, so I am good for the coming Fall ...

Best Regards to all of you