Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Mirror, Mirror
Lens: Sigma 17-70 Camera: K-5 Photo Location: Spain ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/15s Aperture: F3.5 
Posted By: ToddK, 09-12-2022, 06:19 AM

Well, the fairest of them all would be my wife, but she was ignoring me and wouldn't turn around... This was from a trip to the Mediterranean coast several years ago.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Views: 307
09-12-2022, 07:24 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks like you got the correct exposure for this shot and the K-5 performed admirably for you. It would have been nice for her to face the mirror, but you know, photographers are always lagging behind to try and get one more shot. Nicely captured, Todd.
09-12-2022, 12:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Reminds me of when I'm being actively ignored by my wife - which happens rather often. Fun shot, Todd.

Jer
09-12-2022, 07:01 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Great setting, great lighting, and an uncooperative model...!
I've offered more money to my model, but she does exactly the same thing: "Git your bothersome camera outa here!"
Why do they tell us they're glad we have a great hobby, but won't sit for us?
Very entertaining image you posted!
Angky

09-13-2022, 12:41 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
Well, the fairest of them all would be my wife, but she was ignoring me and wouldn't turn around... This was from a trip to the Mediterranean coast several years ago.
Absolutely love the setting, the colours, the lighting was perfect, you nailed it, pity about the wife.....I would have honestly left her out of it....spoils the effect! Great shot otherwise..
09-13-2022, 07:58 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Looks like you got the correct exposure for this shot and the K-5 performed admirably for you. It would have been nice for her to face the mirror, but you know, photographers are always lagging behind to try and get one more shot. Nicely captured, Todd.
Thanks Mike! It was just one of those random shots taken while vacationing. I was pleased that I was able to hold the camera steady enough to get a decent result.
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Reminds me of when I'm being actively ignored by my wife - which happens rather often. Fun shot, Todd.

Jer
Thanks Jer! Yes, my wife has that down to an art, particularly when I am walking around with my camera.
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Great setting, great lighting, and an uncooperative model...!
I've offered more money to my model, but she does exactly the same thing: "Git your bothersome camera outa here!"
Why do they tell us they're glad we have a great hobby, but won't sit for us?
Very entertaining image you posted!
Angky
Thanks Angky! Maybe I embarrass her with my constantly taking photos.
QuoteOriginally posted by Shelly Quote
Absolutely love the setting, the colours, the lighting was perfect, you nailed it, pity about the wife.....I would have honestly left her out of it....spoils the effect! Great shot otherwise..
Thanks for your very nice comment Shelly! Not sure how that would have been received if I had asked her to move.