Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread

Rainy funky Hodgepodge Week
Posted By: Igilligan, 12-22-2008, 12:04 AM

I am afraid if I don't post some pics I will end up leaving the camera in the bag. It is rainy 'funky' here. None of the beautiful snowy landscapes for us
here in Squarefield. The K100d is still giving as good as it gets, but the weak link is the mind of the shooter.

I do like this shot of Nick... a coworker, and a decorated veteran.

My favorite shot of the last week is this one .... ISO 3200! I still have a soft spot in my heart for this litte K100d and the tammy 28-75.
Not sure if I like the B&W better or color. But I know I like the fact that I can squeeze an Iso 3200 if I absolutely have to.

and a couple of flash shots

I even tried to stay inside and take some shots for the Toys and Games challenge... but even that was less than award winning

And a couple others

Thanks for looking, comments welcome - Thanks for letting me photo vent...

Happy Holidays to all
Views: 1,817
12-22-2008, 06:40 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
great series gus. All as note sharp and creative.

12-23-2008, 10:11 PM   #17
Igilligan

Thank you all...

I have been sidetracked and forgot to answer your nice comments...

QuoteOriginally posted by cupic Quote
Love the jamming session ,it that a local artist

cheers
A SF band from my past, reformed for a movie premiere about one of the clubs we used to play it in the late 80's.
The band is called Short Dogs Grow

QuoteOriginally posted by wa5am Quote
Like them all Gus. I like the candid of your co-worker a lot, but they all do a lot for me. I think I'd try #1 in B&W myself. Is that image cropped any? If not, you might try moving him off center just a little too.

The ISO 3200 shots are amazing. I need to try more of that myself...

It's 14.3F here with a windchill of 5F. No snow here either, just cold. Too cold for this old man to trudge around for something to image.

Morgan
Morgan,
That is too cold for me, sorry for cryin' about my weather. By comparison if is down right balmy here.
It is not a crop in that first shot, but the way he is turned any crop just puts him more in the center. And if I crop from the left it looks like he is looking at the edge of the frame. I had tried a B&W of that one... I agree with you, it is a nice option. If you see a crop that I am not seeing, feel free to post it up... I can be blind to the obvious.

Thanks for the nice comments

QuoteOriginally posted by Taff Quote
Always like looking at your shots Gus, and this time was no exception
thanks Taff

QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Excellent protaits. Quite a few ineteresting protraits from you lately
I think faces are quickly becoming my 'thing'. I dont seem to have the eye for the beautiful landscapes, and the bugs and flowers are long gone

QuoteOriginally posted by jaygresh Quote
The last floral and first monopoly shots are my favorites. Everything else was good too. Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas right back at you. I hope it is your best ever.

Last edited by Igilligan; 12-23-2008 at 10:42 PM.
12-23-2008, 10:39 PM   #18
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by slowpez Quote
I love the monopoly shots. All are good shots though. Thanks for getting out and taking some. Now, let's see some more.
Thanks slowpez, the monopoly shots were fun to shoot, although the girls could not stop 'helping' on the placement of the pieces. More to come...

QuoteOriginally posted by JMR Quote
I always get a kick out of your shots. I have not begun to analyse why I like your color version of the singer better- but I do! Love the cat shot and two after that. The second last is outstanding with such wonderful bokeh that accentuates the green leaves.

JMR
Pssst... I like the color one too. The b&w is probably better... but there is something about the way the noise works with the
colors of that busy background for me...
That second to last is with a fungus filled vivitar 200 m42 lens... a nod to jay and his Fungi Filled SMC tak 50.
Thanks for the positive spin... you will be rewarded 10 fold

QuoteOriginally posted by vievetrick Quote
great series gus. All as note sharp and creative.
Thank you and happy holidays to you...

QuoteOriginally posted by beaumont Quote
Couldn't agree more DB!
Igilligan, I have very much enjoyed your photo and comment posts. So much so, that when I once read you mention that you dreamed of owning the 77ltd some day, I mentioned to my wife that if/when I die (assuming that she is ok financially) she is to track down your address and mail you mine. I guess I should leave her a note as well so that she doesn't forget...)
beaumont... thank you so much for this thought. I have had a couple of long days and to read your words made made my heart smile.
It truly is the thought that counts, and this one counted big time for me.

Thank you.

I wish you and yours a wonderful holiday...

gus