Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
Rainy funky Hodgepodge Week
Posted By: Igilligan, 12-22-2008, 12:04 AM

I am afraid if I don't post some pics I will end up leaving the camera in the bag. It is rainy 'funky' here. None of the beautiful snowy landscapes for us
here in Squarefield. The K100d is still giving as good as it gets, but the weak link is the mind of the shooter.

I do like this shot of Nick... a coworker, and a decorated veteran.

My favorite shot of the last week is this one .... ISO 3200! I still have a soft spot in my heart for this litte K100d and the tammy 28-75.
Not sure if I like the B&W better or color. But I know I like the fact that I can squeeze an Iso 3200 if I absolutely have to.

and a couple of flash shots

I even tried to stay inside and take some shots for the Toys and Games challenge... but even that was less than award winning

And a couple others

Thanks for looking, comments welcome - Thanks for letting me photo vent...

Happy Holidays to all
Views: 2,523
12-22-2008, 12:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Very nice series gus. I really like the first one and the last.. and the rest aren't bad either!! JIMBO
12-22-2008, 12:30 AM   #3
Igilligan

Thanks Jimbo

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
Very nice series gus. I really like the first one and the last.. and the rest aren't bad either!! JIMBO
My feelings exactly...

Happy Holidays
12-22-2008, 12:37 AM   #4
Damn Brit

Gus mate, you're far too modest. This is an excellent series, the first B&W conversion is awesome, so is the last one. The Monopoly shots are well executed, the chess shots are very creative, cute shot of the cat and the last two have beautiful colours and oof backgrounds.

12-22-2008, 12:47 AM   #5
Veteran Member

You did good Gus. I like the b&w. All of the portraits are well done. Seriously sharp shooting.

Happy Holidays back atcha Gus!
12-22-2008, 12:58 AM   #6
Igilligan

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Gus mate, you're far too modest. This is an excellent series, the first B&W conversion is awesome, so is the last one. The Monopoly shots are well executed, the chess shots are very creative, cute shot of the cat and the last two have beautiful colours and oof backgrounds.
Oh Gary... Far to modest??? You more than anyone have heard me brag on and on about how great of a singer / frontman I am.
How many videos of 'ME' singing did I beg you to watch. "Look at me.. Look at me" That will be the title of my AutoBiography.
See even there, I think I am important enough that books should be written about me!
Modest... puh-lease

I just looked at those game shots trying to pick one I should enter, until I was dreaming of monopoly.
And at first I liked the upside down chess shot thru the lens. But after I turned it the pieces 180, I lost the love.

I actually like the B&W of my friend singing. And that shot of Nick, well it did capture his Nickness.
What a guy he is.

Thanks for the very nice comments... They are very much appreciated.
Have a great Holiday
12-22-2008, 01:01 AM   #7
Damn Brit

QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
Oh Gary... Far to modest??? You more than anyone have heard me brag on and on about how great of a singer / frontman I am.
How many videos of 'ME' singing did I beg you to watch. "Look at me.. Look at me" That will be the title of my Auto Biography.
See even there, I think I am important enough that books should be written about me!
Modest... puh-lease

I just looked at those game shots trying to pick one I should enter, until I was dreaming of monopoly.
And at first I liked the upside down chess shot thru the lens. But after I turned it the pieces 180, I lost the love.

I actually like the B&W of my friend singing. And that shot of Nick, well it did capture his Nickness.
What a guy he is.

Thanks for the very nice comments... They are very much appreciated.
You're welcome Gus now get your arse over to this thread ; https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/44168-pentax-forums-fir...ours-list.html

12-22-2008, 01:24 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Love the jamming session ,it that a local artist

cheers
12-22-2008, 01:35 AM   #9

Like them all Gus. I like the candid of your co-worker a lot, but they all do a lot for me. I think I'd try #1 in B&W myself. Is that image cropped any? If not, you might try moving him off center just a little too.

The ISO 3200 shots are amazing. I need to try more of that myself...

It's 14.3F here with a windchill of 5F. No snow here either, just cold. Too cold for this old man to trudge around for something to image.

Morgan
12-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Always like looking at your shots Gus, and this time was no exception
12-22-2008, 03:04 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Excellent protaits. Quite a few ineteresting protraits from you lately
12-22-2008, 04:16 AM   #12
Inactive Account

Really liked your shots

The last floral and first monopoly shots are my favorites. Everything else was good too. Merry Christmas.
12-22-2008, 08:20 AM   #13
Veteran Member

I love the monopoly shots. All are good shots though. Thanks for getting out and taking some. Now, let's see some more.
12-22-2008, 08:49 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Damn Brit Quote
Couldn't agree more DB!
Igilligan, I have very much enjoyed your photo and comment posts. So much so, that when I once read you mention that you dreamed of owning the 77ltd some day, I mentioned to my wife that if/when I die (assuming that she is ok financially) she is to track down your address and mail you mine. I guess I should leave her a note as well so that she doesn't forget...)
12-22-2008, 05:58 PM   #15
JMR
Veteran Member

I always get a kick out of your shots. I have not begun to analyse why I like your color version of the singer better- but I do! Love the cat shot and two after that. The second last is outstanding with such wonderful bokeh that accentuates the green leaves.

JMR