Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
WSBK Catalunya 2022
Lens: Sigma 17-50, Pentax DA 50-135 and Sigma 100-300mm F4 Camera: K3 & K3-II Photo Location: Circuit de Catalunya 
Posted By: red5isalive, 09-25-2022, 12:32 PM

Dear members,
Again me with more action photos.

This time at Circuit de Catalunya we have had the World SuperBikes championship and I recently bought new a Pentax HD 1.4x TC to add to my set-up (K3-II + Sigma 100-300mm F4) and I have been able to test it today.

And it works great actually.

Those are unedited JPG's that came from the camera as if

Here some of the guys where sliding

THIS one picture has been cropped ON camera (so technically it's not been edited, right? xD)

I love this photo. Maybe I can crop it.

I do love it because not only is a front shot taken at a speed of 1/125sec but because the rider is moving the front wheel while it's still on the air, it's like if he had some steering lock.

Just some clouds

Pole Seater

The start of the race

And here exiting the corner they were managing the front wheel again on the air while accelerating, that was quite sick. Yes they are quite far from us but still, sick control!

Let me add some more pictures taken with my K3 + Sigma 17-50mm f2.8 yesterday

I don't have so many trackside images from yesterday due to Olympus borrowing cameras and lenses yesterday and well, I just was curious about how well the system works. So I was shooting with their gear. It was interesting. But I like my "old" Pentax gear.
Views: 319
09-25-2022, 04:53 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You achieved good imaging with that gear. Good action shots of the motorcycles making their laps and of the post race scenes. Having ridden motorcycles in the past, I can't imagine leaning one that deep in the corners. All good shots. Thanks for posting.
09-26-2022, 12:38 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
You achieved good imaging with that gear. Good action shots of the motorcycles making their laps and of the post race scenes. Having ridden motorcycles in the past, I can't imagine leaning one that deep in the corners. All good shots. Thanks for posting.
Thank you Mike,
Glad you liked them
09-26-2022, 05:43 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for sharing the excellent series!
3 races and 3 wins for Alvaro Bautista, leading each single lap, was quite impressive!
I guess he will win the Worldchampionship this year and it would be well deserved ... although I must say I am fan of Jonathan Rea.
So a special thank you for the great shot of #65

09-26-2022, 06:02 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by volley Quote
Thanks for sharing the excellent series!
3 races and 3 wins for Alvaro Bautista, leading each single lap, was quite impressive!
I guess he will win the Worldchampionship this year and it would be well deserved ... although I must say I am fan of Jonathan Rea.
So a special thank you for the great shot of #65
Thanks to you :-)
Yeah Rea (well Kawasaki) is also my fav as their team is based close to Barcelona.

Yes indeed Bautista was very really strong the whole weekend! Lecuona was also very strong but did not managed to win.

Glad you like them!