Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
First time shooting on a DSLR
Camera: Pentax K-7 
Posted By: botiapa, 09-26-2022, 09:15 AM

I've recently got into photographing and I'm mesmerized by long exposure images. Here are my attempts at replicating them. I chose 7 pictures from around 200 or so. The K-7 still makes beautiful images even in a beginner's hands. All images were edited in lightroom. I feel like I over-edited them a little bit, but honestly I kind of like the overly saturated look. What do you think?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo 

Views: 345
09-26-2022, 04:34 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The over-editing or over-saturated is a user's own style.
If you like these, then they are not "over-" anything.
I happen to appreciate them for what you have posted, and am glad you posted them.
I think you have some fine ones.
Your 17-70 lens is one that I do not own; you show it's capabilities pretty well.
Angky.
09-26-2022, 07:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is a fine series of images. I like the long exposure images that you have captured. The color saturation enriches the the colors and gives them a lot of depth. You may be just beginning with a DSLR, but you have chosen good subjects and they represent your style.
09-26-2022, 09:46 PM   #4

Original Poster
Thank you for your kind words strangers, I really do appreciate it.

09-27-2022, 01:08 AM - 1 Like   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for those photos, which took me back to a pleasant time in Budapest, a few years ago. I guess that says that your photos match my recollection, so you can claim authenticity and valid representation for them, at least. Subjectively, I can also say that i like your photographic and editing styles.
09-27-2022, 03:33 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Only the fourth image from the top seems a little over saturated and that could just be the sun hitting the bridge just right. Nice images
09-27-2022, 10:13 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Only the fourth image from the top seems a little over saturated and that could just be the sun hitting the bridge just right. Nice images
Yes, the sun was quite low behind me, and I didn't want to de-saturate it too much.