Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Colorado River meander in Canyonlands Nat'l Park, UTAH.
Camera: Canon G3X Photo Location: Utah ISO: 125 Aperture: F5.6 
Posted By: RICHARD L., 09-26-2022, 01:17 PM

View of a Colorado River meander just at the junction of Dead Horse State Park and Canyonlands National Park, north of Moab, Utah. Sunny summer day in the 100 degrees F with few visitors around. Canon G3X @ f/5.6.

Views: 307
09-26-2022, 02:03 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very nice image. Well done.
09-26-2022, 04:40 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
That image could, I think, be used for any number of shots--all kinds of photo opportunities I see in it.
What a stupendous place!
Angky
09-26-2022, 07:23 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This terrain is outstanding for a landscape photographer. I agree with Angky that this place could yield a multitude of views that would produce great images. This shot is well done, Richard. Thanks for sharing it.

09-28-2022, 01:59 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
THX !!

I visited Arches Nat'l Park well before I dared explore Canyonlands (something like 20 years). Arches is more compact with only one campground situated at the northern extremity of the park, 18 miles from the entrance gate. Canyonlands has several campgrounds as well as plenty of places where boondocking is tolerated, but lots of dirt roads too. After I visited Canyonlands once, I reckon one cannot visit this part of Utah without haunting both Arches and Canyonlands. You could spend a whole week traveling inside these parks and you wouldn't see half of what is marvelously beautiful.

Regards