Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Night Sky over White Pocket
Posted By: dhodgeh, 10-15-2022, 07:34 AM

Taken during a two night workshop at White Pocket, which is located in the Paria Canyon/Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness in northern Arizona.

K1 Mk II, DFA 15-30/2.8.

10 sky shots stacked, then blended with the brain rock image taken during blue hour. I had actually screwed up most of my shots for the night sky, but managed to salvage this scene. Original intent was to place just the Milky Way (with no moon) in the middle of the scene, but that is what I get for not paying attention to the settings on my camera.

This is my first attempt using these technique, so I am still developing my skill set here. Any comments and critiques are welcome.

Still working on the shot from the first night at White Pocket. I did manage to snag some better sky shots, but foreground is not quite as interesting.
Views: 243
10-15-2022, 08:56 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I find all night photography like this interesting. This shot has a great combination of elements. In doing this, how do ensure that you get the proper reflection in water? No criticism from me, I think the scene looks. marvelous.