Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
2 Likes  #1
1967 Pontiac GTO
Lens: DFA 28-105 Camera: K-1 Photo Location: Angleton, TX ISO: 200 Shutter Speed: 1/125s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: Sailor, 10-20-2022, 06:35 AM

Here are a couple of pics of a very nice 1967 GTO, which to my eye looks like new and unmodified. My favorite "goat" was the '65, somewhat smaller with clean straight lines rather than the more bulbous look GM adopted in '66. I dimly remember some TV or magazine adds that included a stuffed tiger, which the owner of this car referenced with his own ferocious beast.

Jer

Views: 323
10-20-2022, 07:43 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another nice wagon
10-20-2022, 05:00 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is the style that I remember most.

---------- Post added 10-20-22 at 05:03 PM ----------

This is the style that I remember most. I also seem to remember a Pontiac Le Mans that had an overhead cam 6 cylinder at that time. Nice shots of a classic muscle car.
10-20-2022, 07:04 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Very nice. Back then, Esso (Canada) and Exxon (USA) offered a little tiger tail, which some people attached to their car's gas cap...as the company's slogan back then was you could put a tiger in your tank if you used Esso/Exxon gasoline.

My favourite Pontiac GTO was the first, the 1964 model. I saw one, ahead of us (naturally ) on the Dan Ryan Freeway, in Chicago during Easter holidays in 1964, I believe.

Loved the taillights at night, although I only got a quick glance as they disappeared quickly, as we followed the GTO in our family '61 Chevy Nomad.

10-20-2022, 07:40 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I remember hating each of the few "rich guys" in college who had enough money to get one of these and still go to school!
Angky.
10-22-2022, 06:45 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
Another nice wagon
Sure is, EM. This one looked like new.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
This is the style that I remember most.

---------- Post added 10-20-22 at 05:03 PM ----------

This is the style that I remember most. I also seem to remember a Pontiac Le Mans that had an overhead cam 6 cylinder at that time. Nice shots of a classic muscle car.
Thanks, Mike. I remember that OHC 6; a fellow grad student had a Firebird with that motor.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Very nice. Back then, Esso (Canada) and Exxon (USA) offered a little tiger tail, which some people attached to their car's gas cap...as the company's slogan back then was you could put a tiger in your tank if you used Esso/Exxon gasoline.

My favourite Pontiac GTO was the first, the 1964 model. I saw one, ahead of us (naturally ) on the Dan Ryan Freeway, in Chicago during Easter holidays in 1964, I believe.

Loved the taillights at night, although I only got a quick glance as they disappeared quickly, as we followed the GTO in our family '61 Chevy Nomad.
I certainly remember "Put a Tiger in Your Tank"! Recently I saw a series on the American auto industry, a show that included a look at TV ad from Pontiac posing a GTO with a tiger - I'm sure that's what the owner of the car I photographed was referencing.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
I remember hating each of the few "rich guys" in college who had enough money to get one of these and still go to school!
Angky.
I certainly suffered some envy in those days - mainly for guys with Shelby GT 350s, Cobras and E-Type Jags.

Jer
10-23-2022, 05:43 AM   #7
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
some people attached to their car's gas cap
I remember them... but here folk attached them to their rear view mirrors (would drive me absolutely nuts).

10-23-2022, 11:56 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Oooh...nostalgia! I dated a guy in high school who drove a '65 GTO. The car was way cool, the guy, not so much
10-23-2022, 12:59 PM   #9
Pentaxian

... the company's slogan back then was you could put a tiger in your tank if you used Esso/Exxon gasoline
Looks like this one got out.
10-23-2022, 06:06 PM - 1 Like   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I remember them... but here folk attached them to their rear view mirrors (would drive me absolutely nuts).
You guys must drive massive vehicles to hang a '67 GTO from the rear-view mirror!!!

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Oooh...nostalgia! I dated a guy in high school who drove a '65 GTO. The car was way cool, the guy, not so much
That's exactly why I've driven way cool cars all these years.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Looks like this one got out.
Maybe he got tanked and had to go home to sleep it off.

Jer