Posted By: Marc Langille, 12-23-2008, 10:07 PM

Confederate Gunnery Crew:

Holding the Line:

Cheers,
Marc
Views: 1,069
12-23-2008, 11:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Marc, your sepia tone conversion is very good and the atmosphere is always great from your series like this one.
12-24-2008, 11:22 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really like botrh of these Marc.. The PP work is dead on! JIMBO
12-24-2008, 11:37 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Marc, these are great. #1 is like a time machine. #2 would be but the guys need to work on their scruffieness, maybe roll around in the dirt a bit - forget to shave. I imagine that CWRABA (Civil War Reenactment Accessory Buying Addiction) is worse than LBA - look at all that authentic gear.

12-24-2008, 07:37 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by roentarre Quote
Marc, your sepia tone conversion is very good and the atmosphere is always great from your series like this one.
Thank you James! I was really trying to capture the atmosphere of the moment... I hope I did...

QuoteOriginally posted by Jimbo Quote
I really like botrh of these Marc.. The PP work is dead on! JIMBO
Thank you sir! Glad you enjoyed these images...

Regards,
Marc
12-24-2008, 07:40 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by heliphoto Quote
Marc, these are great. #1 is like a time machine. #2 would be but the guys need to work on their scruffieness, maybe roll around in the dirt a bit - forget to shave. I imagine that CWRABA (Civil War Reenactment Accessory Buying Addiction) is worse than LBA - look at all that authentic gear.
Thank you Josh! That gunner's visage is quite a character, and I've not even gone near those images with character! I'm saving/hoarding those for later...

Indeed, CWRABA is quite steep in terms of cost... look at the price of a 6 pounder cannon, or the horse and tack costs, etc. for the cavalry troops! It's quite a bit of money, and they must all have 4 uniforms: 2 Union, 2 Confederate! Reason is that they must be able to reenact on either side, and having a spare clean uniform is a must.

Regards,
Marc