Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  #1
A Corvair To Remember (long exposure night photo with light painting)
Lens: 28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 Camera: K-1 Mk I Photo Location: Southwestern United States 
Posted By: Ken Lee, 11-07-2022, 11:36 AM

A Corvair To Remember
~~~~~
Streaks of cars backlight a vintage Chevrolet Corvair 95 van, its air-cooled engine located at the rear of the vehicle. I illuminated the interior and exterior with a handheld flashlight while the camera's shutter was open during this long exposure night photo. This was part of a Notorious RGB 1165-mile photography safari with Mike Cooper, George Loo, and George the monkey.
~~~~~
For photos, books and more
~~~~~
(Plate 8355) Pentax K-1/28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. 2 minutes f/8 ISO 200. October 2022.
Views: 406
11-07-2022, 05:43 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Interesting way of seeing nostalgia.
Angky
11-07-2022, 06:32 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
Interesting way of seeing nostalgia.
Angky
And why not? Why B NoRmL?
11-07-2022, 07:03 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I didn't know that Chevrolet made a Corvair 95 van. Must have been a California special. Cool lighting. I like the stream of car lights in the background. Was that orange and white paint original? Good capture.

11-09-2022, 12:50 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I believe it’s also known as a Greenbriar. Dunno if the paint was original factory paint. Good question…

Thanks!
11-09-2022, 06:11 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Hello Ken,

I remember quite vividly this "Corvair Van". When I was young we lived in the countryside and each week the "breadseller" came by to offer loaves of bread to my Mother : 4 sliced breads, 3 unsliced, 2 packs of honey doughnuts, etc. Why didn't you take the opportunity to re-inflate its tires, just being there ... lol ! Memory lane, around 1965.

Regards

Last edited by RICHARD L.; 11-09-2022 at 06:39 AM.
11-09-2022, 08:13 PM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
I didn't know that Chevrolet made a Corvair 95 van. Must have been a California special. Cool lighting. I like the stream of car lights in the background. Was that orange and white paint original? Good capture.
Chevy also made a Corvair pickup truck, called the Rampside if I remember correctly. It had a ramp that was integrated into the side of the pickup bed, that could be lowered onto the ground, and you could use a wheeled dolly to move cargo from the truck bed, to the ground, road, etc. Very good design, that I'm surprised other pickup makers never followed suit.

A friend of mine, delivered parts for a Chev-Olds dealership in the 1960's and drove a Corvair pickup on his rounds, delivering items. It was a cab over design...not a cab over engine, as the engine was in the rear. Bad thing about a Cab Over...is that you're first on the scene at an accident.

11-09-2022, 09:11 PM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by Ken Lee Quote

A Corvair To Remember
~~~~~
Streaks of cars backlight a vintage Chevrolet Corvair 95 van, its air-cooled engine located at the rear of the vehicle. I illuminated the interior and exterior with a handheld flashlight while the camera's shutter was open during this long exposure night photo. This was part of a Notorious RGB 1165-mile photography safari with Mike Cooper, George Loo, and George the monkey.
~~~~~
For photos, books and more
~~~~~
(Plate 8355) Pentax K-1/28-105mm f/3.5-5.6 lens. 2 minutes f/8 ISO 200. October 2022.
Ken Lee, this is one outstanding photo. You’ve brought back some very fond memories of my youth crossing America by wheeled vehicle and catching some unique vehicles along the routes.

Thank you.
11-10-2022, 01:39 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Hello Ken,

I remember quite vividly this "Corvair Van". When I was young we lived in the countryside and each week the "breadseller" came by to offer loaves of bread to my Mother : 4 sliced breads, 3 unsliced, 2 packs of honey doughnuts, etc. Why didn't you take the opportunity to re-inflate its tires, just being there ... lol ! Memory lane, around 1965.

Regards
So you would forever associate a Corvair can with bread!!

I’ll see about inflating the tires next time!

Thanks!!
11-10-2022, 04:59 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Keep up your magnificent picture-taking and your sense of humour, Ken.

Regards
11-12-2022, 02:53 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Keep up your magnificent picture-taking and your sense of humour, Ken.

Regards
Haha! I will! Thanks!!