Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
5 Likes  #1
Seaside Oregon
Lens: Pentax FA 80-320 at 320 Camera: Pentax K3II Photo Location: Seaside OR ISO: 400 Shutter Speed: 1/1000s Aperture: F11 
Posted By: StaBoo, 11-09-2022, 07:47 PM

Seaside sunset from the balcony

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 

Views: 299
11-09-2022, 08:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Very interesting capture, dark, but with intense orange/yellow colors from the sunset. The colors highlight the waves coming into the shore. The bird in the sky and the people on the shore are also nice elements.
11-10-2022, 06:56 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
A great shot of Seaside atmosphere.
Angky
11-10-2022, 08:30 PM   #4
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Very interesting capture, dark, but with intense orange/yellow colors from the sunset. The colors highlight the waves coming into the shore. The bird in the sky and the people on the shore are also nice elements.

Yes, dark overall; it seems darker online than on my computer. I need to work that detail. That said, if the photo is viewed full screen or with a dark background, the shadow detail comes out. On a big screen tv it looks great!

---------- Post added 11-10-22 at 09:31 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
A great shot of Seaside atmosphere.
Angky
Much appreciated!

11-10-2022, 09:20 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I really like this image. The intense orange in the cloud and reflected off of the water are very nice. I wonder if your upload file exceeded 1 mb and was compressed. I bet this image looks great at high resolution.
11-11-2022, 09:42 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
I really like this image. The intense orange in the cloud and reflected off of the water are very nice. I wonder if your upload file exceeded 1 mb and was compressed. I bet this image looks great at high resolution.
Glad you like it! I don't believe it's compressed. While there is shadow detail I didn't want to bring it up too much or the contrast with the intense highlights would be diluted. It's definitely a balancing act and some tweaking is in order to make a great print. I've found that printing slightly dark and then giving the print strong display lighting gives the best color.
12-19-2022, 11:56 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by StaBoo Quote
Seaside sunset from the balcony
I almost entire on a bit like this but yours is better.