Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
3 Likes  #1
Okutama Nostalgic
Lens: smc Pentax-DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Camera: Pentax K-5 IIs Photo Location: Okutama, Japan ISO: 80 Shutter Speed: 3s Aperture: F22 
Posted By: Midorime, 11-15-2022, 07:10 AM

Inspired by the landscape contest I went digging for some old favourites from my archives. This is one of the first landscape shots I took after I became a Pentaxian early in 2013.

I went hiking with some friends in Okutama near Tokyo with my camera and I think it was only the 15mm Limited. I had a tripod malfunction pretty early on in this hike and had to manually hold the head in place to take this picture.

This is one of the shots that really made me fall in love with the 15mm Limited.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 

Views: 325
11-15-2022, 05:51 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Very nice! I really like the expanded view and depth that the 15mm provided here despite it being kind of an intimate spot with the vegetation closing in on the stream from the sides in the background. The lighting makes the moss appear almost luminescent with rich green colors.
11-15-2022, 07:20 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Very excellent management of the 15.
(I have yet to master that short a lens!)
Angky.
11-15-2022, 07:24 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The vivid greens really stand out in this image with the smooth water flow. Nice image.

11-16-2022, 02:16 AM   #5

Original Poster
I feel like the 15mm is a great lens for Japan. It works well for both the narrow alleyways of the major cities and the dense forested regions. I have found significantly less use for it since I moved to Finland. I tend to like longer lenses here where there are large open spaces both in the nature and in the cities.

This terrible realization that I like different gear in different places has not done wonders for my GAS.