Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 11 Likes Search this Thread
6 Likes  
Heron, Stop at the Nature Preserve
Posted By: MikeNArk, 11-16-2022, 07:55 AM

On visit to the Nature Preserve last week, an unexpected Heron dropped in to hunt for a meal. I don't know if it was successful.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 518
11-19-2022, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #16
Inactive Account

Nice photos Mike! We also have herons just outside our cabin by the fjord here in Norway. As a rule they come for fishing in the evening when it to dark to take photos. The herons are very shy, a small movement and they are gone. I have got some heron photos, but not good enough to be posted I think. :-)

11-19-2022, 09:07 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Nice photos Mike! We also have herons just outside our cabin by the fjord here in Norway. As a rule they come for fishing in the evening when it to dark to take photos. The herons are very shy, a small movement and they are gone. I have got some heron photos, but not good enough to be posted I think. :-)
Thanks very much. This was the first large Heron that I had seen at the nature preserve this year, so I definitely wanted to get some photos. The light was not great and my vantage points weren't too good, but I took the shots. I'm glad you liked them.
11-19-2022, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Herons are always interesting subjects. Beautiful birds, often in lovely environments, what's not to like? I confess to a private stash of not-so-perfect heron images, they aren't posting material but they do record many enjoyable excursions into their 'hoods. Great captures, Mike!
11-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Herons are always interesting subjects. Beautiful birds, often in lovely environments, what's not to like? I confess to a private stash of not-so-perfect heron images, they aren't posting material but they do record many enjoyable excursions into their 'hoods. Great captures, Mike!
Thank you, Julie. The Herons are not as frequent visitors to this place as when it first opened. I got much better shots a few years ago. It's located close to a residential area in Conway and not far from a Wal-Mart super center and Interstate 40. I can't imagine why they don't visit as often😊.

11-19-2022, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Nice series, Mike.

Jer
11-19-2022, 02:52 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Nice series, Mike.

Jer
Thanks, Jer. It's gotten a little chilly around here. Hope you are doing well.
11-19-2022, 03:40 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Thank you, Julie. The Herons are not as frequent visitors to this place as when it first opened. I got much better shots a few years ago. It's located close to a residential area in Conway and not far from a Wal-Mart super center and Interstate 40. I can't imagine why they don't visit as often😊.
Completely understood, Mike. Here, herons are almost as common as pigeons. Not at all unusual to see cattle egrets or even great egrets, never mind ibis, walking about in suburban lawns. And of course we are not far from Everglades National Park (two different entrance points) Biscayne National Park, several state parks, and other gardens and such where the birds are common. Year-round, too. So I am fortunate indeed!

11-19-2022, 04:34 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Thanks, Jer. It's gotten a little chilly around here. Hope you are doing well.
Same here, buddy. Our average winter highs are in the low 60s - the temp today only made it to 48F with continuous rain.

Jer
11-19-2022, 05:50 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great shots here, Mike. Thanks very much for sharing.

Tony
11-19-2022, 08:01 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Great shots here, Mike. Thanks very much for sharing.

Tony
Thank you, Tony. You are quite welcome and thanks for viewing and your interest.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 11-19-22 at 09:03 PM ----------

Last edited by MikeNArk; 11-20-2022 at 10:53 AM.