Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
6 Likes  
Heron, Stop at the Nature Preserve
Posted By: MikeNArk, 11-16-2022, 07:55 AM

On visit to the Nature Preserve last week, an unexpected Heron dropped in to hunt for a meal. I don't know if it was successful.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 403
11-19-2022, 03:23 AM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 4,453
Nice photos Mike! We also have herons just outside our cabin by the fjord here in Norway. As a rule they come for fishing in the evening when it to dark to take photos. The herons are very shy, a small movement and they are gone. I have got some heron photos, but not good enough to be posted I think. :-)

11-19-2022, 09:07 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,655
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Janse Quote
Nice photos Mike! We also have herons just outside our cabin by the fjord here in Norway. As a rule they come for fishing in the evening when it to dark to take photos. The herons are very shy, a small movement and they are gone. I have got some heron photos, but not good enough to be posted I think. :-)
Thanks very much. This was the first large Heron that I had seen at the nature preserve this year, so I definitely wanted to get some photos. The light was not great and my vantage points weren't too good, but I took the shots. I'm glad you liked them.
11-19-2022, 09:22 AM - 1 Like   #18
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
OrchidJulie's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Magic City
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,395
Herons are always interesting subjects. Beautiful birds, often in lovely environments, what's not to like? I confess to a private stash of not-so-perfect heron images, they aren't posting material but they do record many enjoyable excursions into their 'hoods. Great captures, Mike!
11-19-2022, 02:32 PM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,655
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Herons are always interesting subjects. Beautiful birds, often in lovely environments, what's not to like? I confess to a private stash of not-so-perfect heron images, they aren't posting material but they do record many enjoyable excursions into their 'hoods. Great captures, Mike!
Thank you, Julie. The Herons are not as frequent visitors to this place as when it first opened. I got much better shots a few years ago. It's located close to a residential area in Conway and not far from a Wal-Mart super center and Interstate 40. I can't imagine why they don't visit as often😊.

11-19-2022, 02:36 PM - 1 Like   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 25,203
Nice series, Mike.

Jer
11-19-2022, 02:52 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,655
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Nice series, Mike.

Jer
Thanks, Jer. It's gotten a little chilly around here. Hope you are doing well.
11-19-2022, 03:40 PM   #22
Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
OrchidJulie's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Magic City
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 4,395
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Thank you, Julie. The Herons are not as frequent visitors to this place as when it first opened. I got much better shots a few years ago. It's located close to a residential area in Conway and not far from a Wal-Mart super center and Interstate 40. I can't imagine why they don't visit as often😊.
Completely understood, Mike. Here, herons are almost as common as pigeons. Not at all unusual to see cattle egrets or even great egrets, never mind ibis, walking about in suburban lawns. And of course we are not far from Everglades National Park (two different entrance points) Biscayne National Park, several state parks, and other gardens and such where the birds are common. Year-round, too. So I am fortunate indeed!

11-19-2022, 04:34 PM   #23
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
Sailor's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Coastal Texas
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 25,203
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Thanks, Jer. It's gotten a little chilly around here. Hope you are doing well.
Same here, buddy. Our average winter highs are in the low 60s - the temp today only made it to 48F with continuous rain.

Jer
11-19-2022, 05:50 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2012
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,109
Great shots here, Mike. Thanks very much for sharing.

Tony
11-19-2022, 08:01 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 8,655
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tonytee Quote
Great shots here, Mike. Thanks very much for sharing.

Tony
Thank you, Tony. You are quite welcome and thanks for viewing and your interest.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added 11-19-22 at 09:03 PM ----------

Last edited by MikeNArk; 11-20-2022 at 10:53 AM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, heron, image, images, mike, nature, photo, sharing, shot, shots, suggestions, thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature A few views of the Green Treefrogs at the nature preserve MikeNArk Post Your Photos! 7 10-23-2022 07:54 AM
Nature Hummingbird Moths at the Nature Preserve MikeNArk Post Your Photos! 11 07-16-2022 11:32 AM
Nature Green Heron at the Nature Preserve MikeNArk Post Your Photos! 11 07-09-2022 06:56 AM
Nature A few takes from the Nature Preserve MikeNArk Post Your Photos! 6 06-18-2022 07:01 AM
Landscape Tricolored heron at Arthur Marshal National Wildlife Preserve CBM Post Your Photos! 11 07-08-2021 06:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top