Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
7 Likes  
Fleetwood Cadillac-Ac-Ac (Nelson ghost town-night photo with light painting)
Posted By: Ken Lee, 11-17-2022, 12:19 PM

Fleetwood Cadillac-Ac-Ac
~~~~~
Night falls on a 1940s Cadillac Fleetwood at Nelson ghost town in Nevada. I illuminated the scene with a handheld ProtoMachines LED2 light while the camera's shutter was open during this long exposure night photo. This was on a trip with night photographer Tony Donofrio and George the monkey for a short November trip.
~~~~~
For photos, books and more!!
~~~~~
111 seconds f/8 ISO 200. November 2022.

P.S. Those of you who are up on cars might notice that while it is a Cadillac Fleetwood, the bumper is from a 1950s Buick, making it a rather unusual sort of front end.
Views: 778
11-21-2022, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
Adams drove a similar Cadillac, but a station wagon model on top of which he installed a platform from where he shot some of his better-known pictures. He was using an 8 X 10 view camera with a 300 mm standard lens, so he had problems with the foreground sharpness of his images unless he could get some distance from near image elements, like from atop such a huge car.

Regards
Yeah, and he would probably have to stop down quite a bit. Fisheyes are rather forgiving in this department, aren't they? I can get quite a bit in focus, even having it rather close to the grille as I do here.

That must have been a cool Cadillac he had!

---------- Post added 11-21-22 at 09:00 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Lovely image Ken!
Thank you!!!

08-03-2023, 10:04 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ken Lee Quote
I don't know anything about Ansel Adams in relation to this, but I can tell you that it's not a station wagon.
I believe Adams’ drove an International “Travel-all”. Or at least it looked like one.
08-04-2023, 05:20 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jeverettfine Quote
I believe Adams’ drove an International “Travel-all”. Or at least it looked like one.
Good to know, thanks!!
08-05-2023, 08:56 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In the 1940s, he drove a similar Cadillac station wagon. It is amply illustrated in his "Book Series".

Maybe later he had other cars as his career stretched over several decades.

He took commercial pictures for Nissan in the 1970s.

Regards