Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
4 Likes  #1
Glowild at the Zoo
Lens: Sigma 17-70 Camera: Pentax KP Photo Location: Little Rock Zoo ISO: 6400 Shutter Speed: 1/160s Aperture: F4.5 
Posted By: MikeNArk, 11-29-2022, 04:24 PM

We took a granddaughter and a friend to the Zoo Holiday Light Show. It was a fun time.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 

Views: 448
11-29-2022, 04:34 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
What a cool series, Mike! Each shot is - to my eye - perfectly exposed to give detail and super color! I'd like to take my granddaughter there.

Jer
11-29-2022, 05:19 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
What a cool series, Mike! Each shot is - to my eye - perfectly exposed to give detail and super color! I'd like to take my granddaughter there.

Jer
Thanks Jer. I'll bet other zoos around the country are doing this. We took our 15 year old granddaughter and a school friend and they had a great time. The most enjoyable images I made were of those two. We went to the Holiday light show at Garvan Woodland Gardens last week. I'll post some of those images soon.
Mike
11-29-2022, 05:21 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Way kewl...except for the spider...

11-29-2022, 07:16 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Way kewl...except for the spider...
Thanks, Julie. What's wrong with the spider. I actually think the last photo of that character staring out the window is the most spooky.😊
11-30-2022, 07:14 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
Thanks, Julie. What's wrong with the spider. I actually think the last photo of that character staring out the window is the most spooky.😊
Welcome, Mike. Nothing "wrong" with the spider image...sorry if I was obtuse. It's just that I loathe spiders. The image is fine, I just don't want to see spiders. Personal hangup of mine, nothing to do with your image. Apologies!
11-30-2022, 07:26 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by OrchidJulie Quote
Welcome, Mike. Nothing "wrong" with the spider image...sorry if I was obtuse. It's just that I loathe spiders. The image is fine, I just don't want to see spiders. Personal hangup of mine, nothing to do with your image. Apologies!
No need for apologies. I knew you weren't commenting on the image. Just like Angky is not commenting on the images in my snake photos.😊🤔

11-30-2022, 07:31 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MikeNArk Quote
No need for apologies. I knew you weren't commenting on the image. Just like Angky is not commenting on the images in my snake photos.😊🤔
Good. No issue with snakes, I'm just no good with critters that have more than 4 legs
12-02-2022, 09:46 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
These are some terrific images, Mike! The colors are so vivid, and you really nailed the exposures. I haven't done any night shooting in some time and need to get out with all of the Christmas lights up in downtown Boerne.
12-02-2022, 02:05 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
These are some terrific images, Mike! The colors are so vivid, and you really nailed the exposures. I haven't done any night shooting in some time and need to get out with all of the Christmas lights up in downtown Boerne.
Thank you, Todd. It was fun to go out to shoot them, especially with our 15 year old granddaughter and her friend. I think you will enjoy shooting some night images at Boerne and, if you can work it in, the River Walk in San Antonio. My son did that a few years ago and captured some great images when the crowds were gone.