Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
1 Like  #1
Back yard visitor (another)
Lens: sigma 50-500 Camera: K70 Photo Location: Belgium ISO: 3200 Shutter Speed: 1/80s Aperture: F6.7 
Posted By: mlag, 12-05-2022, 09:14 AM

Our garden is mostly visited by small birds...., this one is the exceptional one.
The picture was shot on a darker day in winter here, through the window, ... needed some contrast and sharpening, and Topaz denoise...
In this time of the year (long) tele photography is severly limited by the available light , handheld 420 mm focus length with 1/80 sec and smallest aperture/shallow dof are not the best conditions...but here it is.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-70  Photo 

Views: 291
12-05-2022, 05:28 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I would love to see one of these birds in my backyard. Nice shot.
12-05-2022, 06:35 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
You got a very nice perspective of that guy's eye and his apparent attitude toward the whole scene.
Angky.
12-06-2022, 11:40 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angkymac Quote
You got a very nice perspective of that guy's eye and his apparent attitude toward the whole scene.
Angky.
After I grabbed my camera and mounted a long tele - the bigma was the first, not even my best long tele - I had time for 10 attempts, 2 windows and he did reposition a bit... I had to aim/position several times, 2 were shaky handheld. This was the best of the series. I had to take care not being visible behind the windows (it are large floor to ceiling height windows) and my experience is that birds see at least the movement behind the window.
Some shots were obscured by branches, some he did turn away..... so kept on trying. All in all I had 1 not even 2 minutes, so no time to plan with tripod, quick point and shoot handheld.

If he was looking for fish, nothing there in our pond. We attract frogs and similar but now , winter close to 0⁰C frost, these animals are in winter hibernation.