Photos: Albums
nominate

12-17-2022, 10:56 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I nominate this image
12-19-2022, 06:38 PM   #18

Wow!!! You were in the right place at the right time. Great capture!
12-20-2022, 11:27 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by KHath Quote
Wow!!! You were in the right place at the right time. Great capture!
I actually didn't plan on heading up there that day but once I got within radio station range of Duluth I heard the weather reports up there and figured I should at least go and try to capture some angry lake Superior. After that it was just finding various spot and shooting lots of pictures at each. A lot of it is just getting out there and taking pictures. I think I took like 1300+ shots that day

12-20-2022, 11:35 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Terrific image showing the raw power of the waters of the Great Lakes!
12-20-2022, 11:38 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
I actually didn't plan on heading up there that day but once I got within radio station range of Duluth I heard the weather reports up there and figured I should at least go and try to capture some angry lake Superior. After that it was just finding various spot and shooting lots of pictures at each. A lot of it is just getting out there and taking pictures. I think I took like 1300+ shots that day
I loved going down by the lake during storms. Once as a lifeguard on Park Point I got in a bit of hot water by severely denting in the side of the lifeguard boat while practicing in surf by getting tossed sideways onto the beach and then hit by the following roller. Talked my way out of that one with Parks and Rec by noting lifeguards NEEDED to know how to handle the boat in waves not just calm water! (True enough, but also a lie as I was really just having fun.)

Sadly, another time I was out on the piers at the lift bridge during a terrible nor'easter. Waves were spilling over the sides. A few minutes later twin high school classmates of mine died as well as a Coast Guard rescue-attempter who was properly tied on when a slightly higher set of waves came along. That is the reason for the gates that are still there to this day.
12-20-2022, 01:41 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jgnfld Quote
Once as a lifeguard on Park Point I got in a bit of hot water by severely denting in the side of the lifeguard boat while practicing in surf by getting tossed sideways onto the beach and then hit by the following roller. Talked my way out of that one with Parks and Rec by noting lifeguards NEEDED to know how to handle the boat in waves not just calm water! (True enough, but also a lie as I was really just having fun.)
This made me chuckle a bit too much. Probably because I've done actions like it in my youth.